How to safe I/O patch?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions How to safe I/O patch?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of abeness abeness 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of abeness
    abeness
    Participant

Hello, all. We’ve got a C3500 with CDM48, recently updated to 1.91, then 1.93. I was surprised to learn the other day that I/O patch is apparently saved with scenes; changes to the I/O patch in one scene are not retained on change to another scene. I cannot find a Safe option that controls I/O changes.

I cannot envision a scenario in which I would want I/O to change on a per-scene basis: that would be like changing physical hookups in the middle of a show. Patch changing with scene change doesn’t seem to be in keeping with having a two-finger patch setting to prevent accidental patch changes. What have I missed?

Is there a way to globally configure I/O by show, so that it does not change when changing scenes? Is this a bug? And if I discover a patch change needed, can it be copied to multiple scenes?

It was a bit hairy last week attempting to add a single patch across 10 or so scenes with little time to spare. I was glad I noticed the issue, as it would have been a disaster had the missing patch not been retained across all scenes. The console also started locking up for a full minute between scene edits. This happened more than once and I had to restart.

Thanks,

Abe

Profile photo of peterwagner
    peterwagner
    Participant

Go to Scenes->Global Safes->Other: there you can set the safes for the patching.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I cannot envision a scenario in which I would want I/O to change on a per-scene basis

changing artists on a festival
    setting shared lines back to the state of the sound check after the support act

Profile photo of abeness
    abeness
    Participant

Thanks for the quick help, Peter, hard to believe I missed that, except that there was too much going on. Fab. And thanks Steffen for the useful examples. It would indeed be a chore to change shows under those circumstances.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.