How much memory in ipad for Qu pad

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions How much memory in ipad for Qu pad

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

I have searched the forum and the web looking for a response to my question. We are in the process of ordering a new QU 32 and want to order the iPad so it will be ready to go as soon as possible. What I cannot find is the required memory for the iPad. It will only be used for running QU Pad. Is 32 meg sufficient or do we need to go to 64?

Thanks, Phil

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Phil,

The Qu-Pad app is supported on any iPad running iOS 7.1 or later. So any size memory should be fine as the app does not store any data (other than the app itself) on the iPad.

Newer iPads generally have faster processors and will likely work better than older generations.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Thanks,so a 32 gig new model should be sufficient then.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Phil,

Yes, that model should work well with Qu.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Even my old 16gb iPad v2 works flawlessly with QU PAD. But my new iPad pro 10.5 flies!!!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I use 16gb iPad Air2’s. I only use my iPads for mixing and controlling the sound system DSP’s, no web surfing, no mail, no music, ect.

I got mine directly from Apple’s clearance/refurb web store. I just checked and the 32gb Air2 is listed at $289.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

That is the plan, no other apps will be installed and the only network it will be configured for will be on the Qu32.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

In my experience, that’s far mor cautious than necessary. Although I have an iPad for audio only, that’s still got a lot on it, like apps for other desks, Go Button, lots of music, and several audio tools apps (and it’s only a 16g iPad 2). Never had a problem.

I also sometimes use my “home” iPad, which has many dozens of apps, and gets connected to loads of networks. Again, no problems.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.