How many rack spaces needed for Qu-16?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions How many rack spaces needed for Qu-16?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ratchet
    Ratchet
    Participant

I’m putting together a rig and wanting to rack-mount the console, and wanted to make sure I found one that’ll work with the Qu-16. Some online sources say all it needs is 11u, but then another source stated RK19 rack kit requires a minimum of 13u, so I wanted to check here to certify the truth before ordering a case. Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

11 will fit the desk, you need more space behind/above for any cables you want plugged in.

Profile photo of Ratchet
    Ratchet
    Participant

Thanks for your help. I ordered the SKB GigRig with 12u up top, so I hope it works out.

Profile photo of Ratchet
    Ratchet
    Participant

The 1208 GigRig works beautifully. I’m loving this mixing console to death. It’s the best thing that’s ever happened to my lifelong acquisition of gear.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Ratchet
    Ratchet
    Participant

For what it’s worth, I put plastic washers between the SKB A/V shelf and the Qu’s rack-ears, so as not to scratch it. I had to double up on the washers for the overhanging 1U space above the mixer, but it’s perfectly leveled. I was going to bolt a mic flange-mount to the shelf, to attach a gooseneck for talkback, but then the lid won’t close over the extended height of the flange-mount, so I’ll have to get some sort of quick-release clamping mount instead.

Operation of this shelf should get in the way of both a gooseneck podium mic and the Allen & Heath proprietary LED light, directly connected to the back of the console, unfortunately.

Profile photo of AminorZmajor
    AminorZmajor
    Participant

When mounting the QU-16 did you have to drill holes in the side plates? I am assuming so as mine has no holes pre-drilled.

AminorZmajor
    Participant

I am looking at your rack mounts and they look like they mount underneath. I seem to have been sent the wrong ones. Thanks.

AminorZmajor
    Participant

I was sent the correct packaging for the mounting hardware but the wrong hardware was included. I am sending it back but have to wait two weeks for the correct mounting hardware to be sent.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

right angle, hard body, XLR male to female adaptor for Allen & Heath QU series mixers talkback mic input for use with and without LED lamp.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/161729913044?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Dan, with the angle of the XLR going to the left, does it ever interfere with any input cables (mic or line) in the adjacent channel (for example, in your picture on the ebay page, channel 24)?

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

correct, you will sacrifice the ability to use the last line input. No mic inputs are blocked.
    You could always make or buy a cable with a right angle 1/4 inch plug if those inputs are needed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.