How many of each device can ‘control’ a mixrack?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions How many of each device can ‘control’ a mixrack?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I might miss a device in this list, feel free to add/clarify. I’d like to know how many of each can be connected to a single mixrack and control it simultaneously.

– dLive console
    – IP6/IP8
    – dLive MixPad
    – dLive OneMix
    – dLive Director

– ME-1 (does this actually control the mixrack or is it merely fed audio signals from it?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

See here.

In addition to the article, please note:
    – Only 1 Surface is supported at a time
    – IP6/IP8 connections are limited by the dLive software to 16 each (on MixRack) and 16 each (on Surface)

ME-1 is a standalone personal mixer. It receives audio from the mixer. You can daisy-chain as many as you like, or cascade switches / ME-U hubs, there is no limit.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thank you very much!

Brings up some further questions:
    1. What is a “3-screen app”?
    2. What is the difference between connecting a controller or app to the surface vs. the MixRack?
    3. Do the dLive “S” and “C” both have the same specs for TCP connections?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

1. Firmware V1.4 (out at NAMM) gives the option of an independent view on the VGA output, so you can have a third screen on top of the two touchscreens.
    2. MixPad and OneMix always connect to the MixRack. Director and the IP Remotes can connect to either (this is regardless of where they are physically plugged in, since all devices live on the same network). When connected to the MixRack, they act like independent controllers, whereas to the Surface, they share some elements of the Surface e.g. the strip layout for Director, or the Mix/Sel keys for IP6/IP8. Have a look at the Director Help and IP6/IP8 User Guides for details.
    3. Yes, same.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Got it. Very helpful, thank you.

Like everyone else, I think an important update will be the ability to have at least 2 surfaces, or even more (eg FOH/MON/RECORD/BROADCAST) able to connect and control a single mixrack.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

yes, this would also be my wish.
    because the Mixrack so many channels offers it can be necessary to let work several engineers parralel in subranges.

( and sorry if mine is rough in English a little bit, the translation programme is responsible 😉 😉 )

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.