How do I create an AUX send

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting How do I create an AUX send

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

How do I create an separate AUX out on GLD80? I’m fighting through the manual and not able to assign a new wedge. Would like a step by step. Working with OSV3.01 Firmware V1.61-REV.38134

Thanks

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

what the hell are you talking about?
    if you are not understanding what the manual tells you about creating aux mixes
    then you are wrong at the task…or you have the wrong manual

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

Really? It is well known that the manuals are terse and not fully complete nor designed for easy use by mere users.

He is talking about the manuals written by engineers, not qualified people who write for the user to actually use easily.

The guy is a music minister at a church.
    Do you really think that everybody has to have your experience to be worthy of giving them help instead of putting them down?

SteffenR
    Participant

did you read it? I mean the GLD manual?
    if not, then you have no right to say anything about it

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/GLD-Touch-Screen-Reference-V1.5_1.pdf

volounteer
    Participant

@SteffnR

I downloaded the GLD manual and looked at it
    and I have every right to say anything I want to about it even if you cant grok that

It is just as good/bad as other AH documentation
    which is good for engineers having written it for their use
    but deficient for more normal people who want to learn how to use the gear
    and very difficult to find specific information directly as there is no index nor cross reference

SteffenR
    Participant

you hi-jacked a thread again… well done
    just to say something mostly unrelated to the questions doesn’t help anybody
    and since you are not understanding the manuals it is clear that others don’t understand it as well?

volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

nonsense as usual but what else can we expect
    can the tiger change his dots ?

*you* hijacked the thread by bullying the OP and telling us nothing
    I explained to you why your comments were wrong

Enough people here are asking questions that make it clear the manuals
    are not sufficient for us mere users
    even if okay for the sooperdooper pros like yourself who use all of this stuff constantly

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Are you wanting to create a completely new aux for this new monitor or feed it from an existing aux that is already in use?

If your needing to create a new aux for this new monitor depending how the mixer is set up already it may involve a few steps.
    Look on all the layers for faders assigned to aux masters if the mixer set up has not changed too much from a default setting the master faders could still be assigned.
    If not will need to set up a master aux fader on one of the layers to give you an easy way to get into the aux/mix, set up menu.

You’ll need to assign an output for the aux either on the mixer or stage box, or at least check to see where it’s routed to, IO output menu.

Since the GLD is fully configurable in almost every way it’s kind of a guess as to where the mixer is already at.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.