How can we get more libraries from none AH machines?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions How can we get more libraries from none AH machines?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sound Doctor Sound Doctor 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

Ive downloaded and installed the preset library from the
    02r96 eq and comp presets (17k)
    In category: Library presets.
    Uploaded by Mike Storm

and am very grateful for them.

But I was wondering I/We can obtain more presets from other machines?

Does anyone even know how Mike got these in the first place?
    Did he have an 02r96 and he was able to simply export the presets as .dat files to a USB stick?

Is it just coincidental that the Yamaha 02r96 uses the same file type as the Qu16 or do all mixers use this same .dat info?

Anyone know where else I/we can find presets online away from the AH site (Which literally only has this one)?

thanks

or did he manually enter them into his QU16 from looking at the figures from the 02r96?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I would say the later. But, as a skeptic and having done this for way too many years there is a lot more to settings than copying from other mixers. Too many variables. I could line up 10 mixers and set them all the same and probably have as many or maybe a fewer different sounds. It also varies with mics, artist, acoustics, etc. Let your ears decide. If you don’t know what is good then have at it.

It is like on my installs where I go back weeks later and there are NO settings changed or maybe too many. If they have not made any adjustments then they don’t know how to. Most volunteer help only know faders and mutes.

coffee_king
    Participant

Totally, but I’d still me interested in obtaining more.

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

coffee_king, I have copied manually parameter by parameter from my Yamaha. Took the best part of a day. Glad someone’s using them.

coffee_king
    Participant

I have copied manually parameter by parameter from my Yamaha. Took the best part of a day. Glad someone’s using them.

I really appreciate your effort.
    I found them very useful for an initial set up to get going faster than programing them all in myself.
    If I ever meet you in person I’ll buy you a beer or two.

Keep up the good work.

Profile photo of Sound Doctor
    Sound Doctor
    Participant

Any chance these might work on a GLD? I downloaded your QU files, but GLD Editor does not see them…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.