How about Midi – Input / scene recall

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions How about Midi – Input / scene recall

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pob pob 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Markus
    Markus
    Participant

Hello all,
    i have a scenario where i need to load scenes triggered by external midi from lighing desk. As far as i see, this feature is not yet implemented in the dLive system, am i right? Or is it, and i can simply not find out how to?

Thanks in advance, Markus

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Markus,

dLive doesn’t have any physical MIDI I/O. However, it does have a TCP/IP control protocol (not yet documented but nearly identical to the iLive TCP/IP protocol available here). We have a TCP MIDI Driver for Mac OS X which will take this TCP protocol and make it available to a virtual MIDI port. This is useful for DAW Control or Show Control applications, for example you could run a software like Qlab to trigger scenes in both your dLive and light desk.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Markus
    Markus
    Participant

Thanks, Nicola.
    So, i will be waiting for the full dLive documantation until using this feature.
    Greetings, Markus

Profile photo of pob
    pob
    Participant

Interesting!

So far the Qu has the most comprehensive MIDI control set. Do you think it’s possible in the future to the extend the control set of the dLive to the same level? (I would say the GLD would benefit from this too).
    Are there any plans to have OSC? It is so much easier to use and more and more programs are now compatible with OSC.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.