House/ full mix in monitor mix

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting House/ full mix in monitor mix

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 8 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Scotty Boy
    Scotty Boy
    Participant

Hey Guys,

Im a singer who performs and does his own sound on stage, I’ve got some custom made in ear monitors which cancel all sound out making mixing a nightmare if no one is operating my sound for me.
    As there are not other main mix outputs (i.e L&R) where i could get a main mix through my monitors is there a way to programme the mixer so you are getting the same mix as whats going through the speakers?

This would be a huge help and mean i can be much more confident on stage knowing the sound i can hear is the same as the audience.

Thank You
    Scott!

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

you could use a stereo mix like 9-10 and set all the faders to Post fader, and then set each fader to zero db, including your effects returns. MIX 5-6 will be exactly what is going to Mains L/R but allowing you to alter it if you so choose.

Another way is to simply use ther Alt Out and assign the L/R MIX to that output, this will allow a separate volume control for your in ear monitoring.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Profile photo of Scotty Boy
    Scotty Boy
    Participant

Thank you so much for such a fast response!

Amazing response, really helped thank you!!

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

glad to help Scotty!

Dan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.