HOME Button Fuction

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions HOME Button Fuction

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

with press to the HOME-key on the surface the function “GAIN” is put on the rotary knobs.

I would find it meaningful if instead of this the function “PAN” was selected. this is less susceptible to mistake.

+1!!! It’s been a concern of mine for volunteers from day 1. Far better to have to consciously choose gain over pan.

Profile photo of Maurits Thiel
    Maurits Thiel
    Participant

+1 pan instead of gains as default

Profile photo of Gustavh
    Gustavh
    Participant

+1, that or a function revert option of the rotaries.

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Absolutely nothing should happen to the rotaries when pressing the home button. They should not change function if you ask me 🙂

@ Tor – I disagree for most situations. IE – in our venue I definitely want “Home,” to default to the main desk orientation; including pots. That is a particularly useful failsafe for any place you might use this desk with lower-skilled individuals. IE – I want to be able to tell our volunteers, “If you’re ever not sure where you are and need to be ready to do something quickly in the main mix, hit home to be certain.” …now, *if* I could also choose, for those individuals, to have those rotaries default to pan instead of gain, that would be more useful. (Or perhaps an option to either default to a certain selection OR leave unaffected by home.)

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

maybe we can get a preference for that…

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

The dLive system should not be developed with uneducated volunteers as the user base. It is a pro desk, for pro users, and of course the Home should not do anything but take you to the home screen.

Profile photo of MasterLufier
    MasterLufier
    Participant

I think A&H add full customisable Home button on next time.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

we will see if there are enough requests from other colleagues for this change.
    I hope so … 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.