Highlight currently selected PEQ band on touchscreen

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Highlight currently selected PEQ band on touchscreen

This topic contains 13 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pfcbenjamin pfcbenjamin 3 hours, 50 minutes ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
    Participant

SQ6 has arrived, spending some time getting the new reduced-knob-count PEQ layout. It seems to work pretty well, I like it.

What seems natural (and fast) for multiband adjustments is to leave my right hand in place, twiddle the knobs with my thumb and forefinger, and use my pinky to select the active band.

The only issue is that when doing this, the band select LEDs are obscured by your hand, and if you want to keep your eyes on the touchscreen, there is no feedback *on the screen* as to which band is active. It would seem reasonable to change the appearance of the selected band’s spline point, or perhaps the whole band’s curve display, perhaps by fattening it up by a pixel or two.

Profile photo of Gyuri
    Gyuri
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Rob
    Rob
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

Nice idea!

Profile photo of Danny-Lan
    Danny-Lan
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of andrasar
    andrasar
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of pfrigge
    pfrigge
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of mikefogg
    mikefogg
    Participant

maybe also select the band by touching the relevant on-screen curve

Profile photo of Coronos
    Coronos
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Zach
    Zach
    Participant

+1
    This would be really helpful. I’m glad the SQ has dedicated Q/frequency/gain knobs for EQ, but coming from a board with dedicated knobs for ALL bands (Soundcraft Si Expression), it would really help us to have some kind of indication on-screen as to which band is currently selected. That would give more real-time feedback while making changes so we don’t need to double check the right band button is selected.

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

+1
    Thank you, Zach, for renewing of a suggestion, what is now already 5.5 years old.
    Yes, I see a big shortcoming of the SQ as the further development by saving half the control knobs (10 out of 20!) compared to the entry-level QU model.
    In this sense, as a right-hander, I support the request for a clear highlighting of the selected band.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

coming from a board with dedicated knobs for ALL bands

Agreed. I have never understood why the upgrade to the Qu as 1/4 of the EQ knobs. There was plenty of space, but they went with this arty layout instead.

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

+1 for both!!
    – Highlight
    – screen follow encoders

Profile photo of pfcbenjamin
    pfcbenjamin
    Participant

+1

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.