Help with phantom power! QU16 and AB168

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Help with phantom power! QU16 and AB168

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Participant

Hi,

I can’t seem to get phantom power working on my QU16 and AB168. I even changed the input to be local, still no luck.

1. Can phantom power be passed to the AB168?
    2. I hold the phantom power button for 1 second, as it says in the manual. The QU changes the source to USB. I don’t know what this means.

I want to set up a condenser mic for the room, and it requires phantom power. Connecting the mic to the QU16 or AB168 doesn’t work.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Eric

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Participant

Nevermind, I’m a dumbass.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Pressing the USB button instead of the Phantom button on screen?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Participant

You got it! 😉

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Easy mistake to make 🙂

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Well,

Thats an issue that needs to be fixed then!

Having sen this more than once…and people (BOB) knowing exactly what happened…

Let’s get AH an idea on how to make it more “User friendly”….Yeah I hate that phrase…But!

Should be addressed 🙂

LKY

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

To be fair he did say he’d changed source to USB and then said he’d been a bit daft.

Although – it does seem odd that the switch doesn’t rotate through local/dSnake/USB options – maybe with a long press for phantom, although I suspect that is a dangerous overloading of that button.

Which is more common, phantom or USB – I’d wager phantom, and that would have guided my decision what to put on that button, but it’s labelled USB now…

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I guess the USB button is great for studio use and very little interesting live. Personally I’m happy not using the USB button at all and toggling Phantom on the screen.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I can see that, but I’d have thought the “all change” on the routing screen would have been even easier…

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

not if you’re overdubbing individual instruments. Using the USB knob easily allows switching a single channel between local and DAW without finding the global routing screen.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Fair enough – I don’t do much studio work 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.