help! unresponsive touch screen on SQ7

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting help! unresponsive touch screen on SQ7

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of grayday415
    grayday415
    Participant

hi. I’m having a recurring issue where the touch screen on our new SQ7 (about a month old) suddenly becomes unresponsive and won’t react to any touch/screen selection. the board maintains functionality with regards to sound, faders, and all soft keys. the screen will change and reflect the soft key selections (processing, metering, etc), but I can’t access any of the screen operations. there’s no rhyme or reason as to when it happens and nothing has changed recently (card install, etc). the board has the latest firmware and a Dante card (all was working well for several weeks). we’re in a stable environment (not super cold/hot/humid/dry) and other folks tried to get the screen to respond so I know it’s not just that I’m non capacitive, lol. the first couple of times it happened, a restart would fix the issue, but yesterday not even a restart would solve it. luckily we had a router on hand and were able to connect an iPad, otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to mix the service (couldn’t turn on phantom power; drag inputs to the surface, etc).

any ideas?

thanks.

-k

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi grayday,

there was a bug in an older firmware, that when you record over USB AND had the RTA active the screen could freeze but everything else still worked fine.
    Also people mentioned here having an older router with too much data traffic did freeze the board.
    So check the folling:
    Did you record to USB when the board froze? If yes, try if your mixer is stable without recording.
    Was the RTA running? Switch it of and check, try if your mixer is stable.
    Do you have a decent router? Try an other (maybe newer & faster) one.
    How many Pads/Phones where connected? The maximum is 3 MixPad apps and 5SQ4You apps, IIRC.

If nothing solves your problem sent the showfile with a good description to support@allen-heath.com. Alex (the support guy) is usually very quick in responding.

Hope it helps a bit.
    Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of grayday415
    grayday415
    Participant

hi Andre. thanks so much for the response and suggestions. unfortunately, none of those things you listed were in play when it happened. no recording was happening, no rta, not even (yet) connected to the router. and, it actually never “froze” it just refused to respond to touch.

trouble is, I can’t even access the showfiles since it won’t respond to any screen touches *sigh*. but I’ll reach out to Alex.

best,

-karl

Profile photo of jerhunt
    jerhunt
    Participant

We just began experiencing the same issue.

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @jerhunt,

Please submit a ticket at our support centre and we will be happy to assist you.

Support

Thank you,
    Rafael

Profile photo of BishopBob
    BishopBob
    Participant

I have started experiencing this same issue. Although it should be pointed out that it happens immediately on boot up NOT during a show. A single reboot usually frees it up however there have been a couple times that multiple reboots have been required.

Was there ever a resolution to this issue for anyone on the string??

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@BishopBob

Please update to the latest firmware – there was a bug which could cause the screen to be occasionally unresponsive on boot which was fixed in V1.5.9

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Ghooster
    Ghooster
    Participant

@KeithJ A&H

I’m having the same issue with s7000. I am still having the issue…

I updated the firmware to no change.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@Ghooster

This thread is SQ related, for an S7000 you could ask in the dLive section of the community here, but much better than that, contact us directly through support.allen-heath.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.