HELP! QU-16 freeze after firmware update!

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting HELP! QU-16 freeze after firmware update!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of airickess airickess 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Choppers
    Choppers
    Participant

Please help, I recently upgraded my qu-16 to firmware 1.8 and now (after talking a long time to update and reboot) all the channels are red lighting, and none of the channel strip selection buttons work. I’ve tried re-installing the firmware, and even hard resetting the desk, but the problem still remains.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Get another download of the firmware and start over. Downloads can get corrupted…

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Get another download of the firmware and start over. Downloads can get corrupted…

And use the Qu to reformat your USB stick before downloading the firmware update onto it.

Profile photo of Choppers
    Choppers
    Participant

Sorry guys, done all of the above with the same results – I’ve done if over half a dozen times now.

Possibly try a different flash drive? (I’ve had no problems with it beforehand)

A fault with the desk itself?

Is there anyway to hard reset the firmware to the original factory released version, other than the hard reset which leaves the latest firmware on the QU? It makes no sense to me leaving the firmware on there.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

I would try a different USB stick first.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.