Help Needed with Waves

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Help Needed with Waves

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pit Lenz Pit Lenz 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

I’m new to the GLD systems. I’ve been along time Waves user, and had planned on using it extensively with my new GLD systems. I’m using Waves MultiRack Soundgrid, using all 64 channels. I’ve got just about everything figured out with the routing (no thanks to a major lack of documentation on any of this). But I can’t figure out how to route the Main LR out of the GLD, into Waves, through my plug ins, and back to the Main LR.

I’m sending out via I/O Ports Out 63 and 64. But I can’t figure out what I/O Ports In to use (I’m assuming I can use 63 and 64) and what type of input it is. Do I have to route it to a matrix and then send the matrix to Main LR only?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Art

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

Hello Art,
    The easiest way to use Waves with the GLD is the insert page, (in your case) of the master channel. There you can assign I/O port out 63/64 to send to Multirack and I/O port In to recieve the ” Wave’d” signal back.
    Don’t forget to activate the insert.
    Back in Multirack, set the ins and outs of your rack strip accordingly to ch 63/64.

I prefer to keep the master un-EQd,and send the signal to different matrices for PA, Nearfills, Delays, recording and such instead. There I insert my Waves racks and process as I need. This helps to keep the PA EQ out of my recording path.
    Did that help?

Pit

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Thanks. That worked great, except…

When I do a virtual sound check, there is no sound going through the Main LR channels if I have the insert on. With it off, no problem. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks, again.

Art

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

When going virtual, do you lose your sends or your returns? Still led signal indication in your SG master channel inputs?

The way I have set up my system goes like this:
    In my Soundgrid connections window I open four tabs and assign I/O ch 1-40 to my daw computer (back and forth) and ch 41-64 to Soundgrid (also two ways).
    That keeps the first 40 of the 64 channels for recording and virtual soundcheck and the last 24 channels for Waves plugins.
    In my GLD’s I/O window (I/O port out tab) I assign he first 40 channels to the channels’ direct outs. Important: choose the d-out source point from directly after the head amp.
    Then I created two scenes:
    One that connects all of my channel inputs to the XLR sockets (called live gig), and one that connects them to my I/O input ports(called virtual s.ch.). I make these connections in the I/O screen window.
    When I save these two scenes, I recall filter options (blue button) of both of these two scenes and block (red buttons) EVERYTHING except the input source, found in the “other”- tab.
    Now, recalling one of these scenes will ONLY change the input routing since everything else is blocked from being recalled.
    After being done with the virtual soundcheck, I switch back to “live” and store that as a new scene under a new name.

That has worked for me, hope it can help with your setup, too.
    Pit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.