Help needed with an Editor + I live 16 project

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Help needed with an Editor + I live 16 project

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of laseranger laseranger 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of laseranger
    laseranger
    Participant

I am the production director of a corporate events company, we are currently planning a production/tour on which we want to use the I live editor software on a laptop with the 16 channel rack for sound control. We have hit a snag as we do need limited sound inputs at the mix position (2 stereo pairs) is their any product available that works over the net connections (optional b card) any help would be appreciated.

Profile photo of jb12string
    jb12string
    Participant

I presume you were planning on using the laptop on wifi?

laseranger
    Participant

That had been the plan!

More research has lead us to conclude that we may have to put a Dante card in slot b and run a cable to a small input device but any other suggestion would be appreciated.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Port B Dante to a third party break-in box is a solution, as you say, especially if you are planning occasional multitrack recording.

An alternative would be Port B ACE to an xDR-16 at FoH, or keep the iDR-16 at FoH and deploy the xDR on stage. Either way you could tunnel the iLive control network through the Cat5 and get a wired laptop connection for Editor at FoH (as a backup in case of any wifi dropout).

jb12string
    Participant

Depending on the distance to FoH, you could do a small 4 or 8 pr snake and depending on the inputs, DI boxes. Should be less expensive than a dante card.

laseranger
    Participant

Inputs are line level non sync music and possibly sync sound track from video material
    distance stage to FOH control position about 30m.

jb12string
    Participant
    laseranger
    Participant

Thanks for that gives some more options to consider.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.