Hello please

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Hello please

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nechiforel
    nechiforel
    Participant

Hello I’m a beginner in the sound, and I want to get better, I’m urging a sq 6 mixer in a church, and I do not know how to set it up so it sounds like a sound, makes me a microphone, etc., either sound quality would definitely catch some advice, thank you

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

Please ask specific questions on one thing at a time and we will try to help you. And try to be a lot clearer.
    Make you a mike, and sounds like sound does not make sense.

If you are a beginner in sound then I suggest you first read some books to get a feel for what will be talked about.
    Learn about how a mixer works. Learn what live sound is about. Learn about how digital audio works. Learn about microphones and how to use the various types. Learn about cabling audio systems. Learn about basic functions and FX like EQ GEQ PEQ compression ducking send/return HPF LPF yada yada. The SQ6 is beyond you right now until you learn a lot more about all this.

Then read the manual for your device. https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_4_0.pdf
    You may need to read it a couple of times. Then read it again while using the device.
    You may want to look at some videos before you get into the manual.

And if you are really a beginner then you should not be urging the church to get anything.
    Let them define their problem and come up with a feasible solution before buying anything.

Profile photo of nechiforel
    nechiforel
    Participant

Thanks for the advice I will remain grateful, I’m just a student in electronics, I did not urge the Church to buy the Mixer SQ6, only I was set up to regulate it, to hear better because I know I do cv like in college but not too much like it! I spent the last week on the mixer and I got a little bit of a sense of how it works, but your question has to make me read, I think if I could find a job in this area it would be better, it is unfortunately in Arad , Romania is not much, thank you anyway for advice, I am always open to receive advice, to learn

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

Please ask specific questions about what you need to do.
    Ask many questions, but please focus each question to the exact issue you need help with.

For your broad general questions about setting it up you need to read the AH manual carefully. Then reading books on related audio and live sound topics would help you a lot to best use the device.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.