Hello, hello, hello…

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Hello, hello, hello…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Baylink Baylink 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Baylink
    Baylink
    Participant

… is there anybody *in* there?

SQ Product Line Management: I’ve got a couple consoles to spec here before too long.

The absence of *any* visible participation from product-line management in this particular forum, let along a PM list or timeline is going to be a major contributing factor to my looking elsewhere, and I’m sure I’m not alone. I’ve seen *one* reply from a staffer, and there was nothing in it of real substance.

If you’re understaffed enough that you haven’t got anyone to assign to this task, then move along to other markets, k?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Baylink,

I like the reference (one of the first desks we built was for the Floyd).

So yes, we are here, hello! And we’re in here every day.

This forum is one of our best resources for feature requests, of course it is not the be-all and end-all, and I wouldn’t want to imply that everything that is mentioned here will get added to the SQ.
    However, it allows people to make suggestions, discuss them and bring them to our attention. If there is something that is a) possible to add and b) heavily requested, then we will add it to the list and prioritise it accordingly.

There have been some great requests in here in the 6months the SQ has been around, and these have helped guide firmware development, so I wouldn’t want anyone to stop contributing because I didn’t post an ‘ok…’ to every topic.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Keith… very polite…

@baylink
    there are distributors and dealers around the globe they can assist you
    and I miss the feature that you request

Profile photo of Baylink
    Baylink
    Participant

Sure, Keith.

But I think I’ve seen your name, maybe, 4 or 5 times, in the “Reading every thread” I did before I started posting anything.

I’m not sure what your software development cycle is, and perhaps I’m spoiled by spending time in an agile environment most recently, but…

The dirty little secret of gear in which 85% of the capabilities come from software is that *the users know that*, which gives you less maneuvering room in how often things get more capable. And yes, I’ve been a coder for 30 years, and I know that there’s a testing process to go through, too.

Putting this stuff in a system users and potential buyer can see, and doing the prioritization (and vote collecting 🙂 there is an approach that’s been used to good effect in a number of markets. It also allows you to propose the interface a new feature will have and collect comments on that… in a more structured form than this forum. I tried to keep my suggestions separated and clear, but not everyone does.

Thanks for the quick response.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.