HELLO ALLEN & HEATH IS ANYBODY THERE!!!

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions HELLO ALLEN & HEATH IS ANYBODY THERE!!!

This topic contains 24 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GR-PDX GR-PDX 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

You put up this board for feature suggestions, Well alot of us here have spoken to you through this forum and have yet to hear anything from you, A big subject or (sore spot) is naming of channels .. you could at least reply to these postings, so that we do not feel that their is no support here at all.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I’d like to see some sort of “we will look into that” answer too – it is nice to know there’s somebody out there.

The problem for A&H though (as for any company) is that they must be really carful not to promise, or even hint at, features or time-scales unless they’re really sure they can actually do them.

I think Mackie had some big problems with the TT24 (or was it the X32) some years back, after a rather too enthusiastic employee posted some “coming soon” stuff on their forum, and then it didn’t happen.

To be honest, the amount of posts here from A&H seem to be about normal for a manufacturer’s site. Some do more, but some do less, and many have no forum at all.

Mark

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Hey all,

Yes R&D do read these forums regularly, and your thoughts are shared in our meetings. However as MarkPAman says, being able to promise or discuss things before they exist isn’t best practice. Nicola et al do a good job in returning the dialogue on behalf of the company.

Best regards,

DC, A&H

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

Oh really, Because up to now there has been no replies from A&H

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Strat. Check the other thread. Looks like naming is or about to be there on IPad. There is a link

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We are definitely here – and pleased to announce Qu-16 V1.2 firmware which takes on board some of the suggestions and requests from the forum.

Profile photo of Gange
    Gange
    Participant

Nicola, aka Santa Claus! 🙂

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Is this a different 1.2? I just got a QU a couple weeks ago. It had 1.1. I got 1.2 and loaded it but I thought I looked at it on the QU pad on an iPad. Did not notice the naming. Guess I missed it.

How does the 1.2 update relate to the QU Pad? Was it already on the App or is there are new version of the App?

Thanks. You made some folks happy.

Just remembered. I only looked at the Demo on QU Pad. Never hooked it up to console.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Ok. I see. I got 1.12. This is 1.2. Sorry for confusion.

Thanks Nicola.

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

Nice, but what about naming on the console..I bought the ar2412 stage box so that I could mix off of the console, not an app.

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Yes, I think it’s great to name on the iPad, but I’d also like to have the names correspond on the channels on the mixer, and on mute groups, mix groups, etc.

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

ok Nicola will it be possible to name on the console?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello,
    it’s named “USER FORUM”
    SYR…. 🙂

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

and your point is?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi @nicola, thanks for the update and for your effort.

It would be nice to have ANY kind of response from you concerning feature suggestions, as well as any rough information about your future policy concerning firmware updates. When is the next one to be expected, more or less? In the next months? Or rather next summer? Are you going to implement any other features or just correct bugs?

It would be even useful to know that you are planning NOT to implement a feature. That would make the decision about which mixer to buy a bit easier. A bit more transparency than stating that a new firmware is already out there would be really useful.

Anyway, thanks for your work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.