headphone output routing

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions headphone output routing

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 8 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mifydnu
    mifydnu
    Participant

I will admit I am likely looking over something extremely obvious – which hasn’t helped me solve the problem 🙂

I’m a couple weeks in to using my new Qu-32 in my home studio. As a replacement for my *old* O1v there’s no comparison. Great board! For the life of me I can’t figure out how to route the stereo out (or any mix, for that matter) to the headphone output on the front of the board pre-fader. The schematic clearly shows it’s possible but I can’t seem to find it. I often have to work in the evenings when the family has gone down for the night and being able to track/mix through headphones only would be great. Yes, I can turn off the power amps for the monitors but I’m sure that’s unecessary (and inelegant!).

Andy assistance gratefully accepted!

Thanks – Andy

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Ok, here’s the Andy assistance: 😉
    Easiest solution to listen to a Mix through the headphones is pressing PAFL (and turn down the mix fader).
    Check out The Manual for PAFL.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

I think turning off the power amps is a very necessary and elegant solution to the problem.

Profile photo of mifydnu
    mifydnu
    Participant

Wow. I guess I’m feeling a little silly right about now. 🙂 I’ll take a look as soon as I get home. Thanks!

Profile photo of mifydnu
    mifydnu
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I guess I wasn’t quite as forthcoming as I could have been in my original post. Yes, ‘silent running’ is part of my motivation but I would also like to A-B mixes between monitors and headphones. I can do this easily with my two set of monitors through Cubase’s control room, I should be able to do it through the AH board as well. Looks like I simply didn’t read the schematic well enough to recognize that the PAFL keys was the routing switch while I was busy digging through routing screens for the answer.

THanks guys!

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

You could also look at the Radial MC3 Monitor Controller.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

If you’re on a Qu32 and don’t use the Matrix outs, why not feed them from LR Pre and connect those to your speakers? You can easily mute each of them and along with LR you have 3 individually muteable stereo outputs with identical mixes. No separate monitor controller required and everything on XLR right out of the box.
    …and using mute groups you can directly assign soft buttons to mute your matrix outs without need to switch layers…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.