Having a problem with Soft Keys

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Having a problem with Soft Keys

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Probably just another newbie buttonology problem but here goes. I have a scene that I want to assign to a softkey. It shows that I have the Scene selected and I have programmed the soft key to Recall Scene. So far so good, now when I press the soft key it recalls the scene just fine. Now should I want to use that soft key again, I press it and nothing happens. When I go look at the soft key functions is has been reset to Unassigned. The documentation on the soft keys seems to be a bit lacking. Are they simply one shot button?

Thanks, Phil

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Phil,

The softkey assignments are probably stored in the scene memories, so when you press the button to recall the scene, you’re recalling a scene in which the button wasn’t programmed. I haven’t actually used the Qu series, but I remember doing exactly the same thing with the GLD. If you can recall-filter the softkey assignments it will work as you’re intending.

Chris

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Thanks Chris. After chatting with our local A&H rep. He told me about the same thing. Soft keys are stored in the scene. His suggestion was to program that same soft key along with each of the Scenes that we use. So far not too many scenes that this will effect so not a problem. He did hint that this may be fixed in a future upgrade. Now if they would only come up with a way to save a Custom layer I would be doing the happy dance.

Thanks, Phil

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

The scene files also store the custom layer… unless you have a filter set to block loading the one saved by a scene when recalling.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Now if they would only come up with a way to save a Custom layer I would be doing the happy dance.

Well, they have the opposite, which makes adding custom layers to an existing scene easy. Scenes/ Global Filter/ Block Soft Keys and Custom Layer.

Set the layer and keys the way you want, Block, recall a scene that needs fixing, save the scene. Repeat the recall and save for each scene. Done.

Or you can just leave the blocks on if you never want them to change.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.