Hank Marvin Delays

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Hank Marvin Delays

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bramasole Bramasole 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bramasole
    Bramasole
    Participant

I’m attempting to setup equivalent delays on my Qu-24 to match those of Hank when he plays Apache & Wonderful Land etc. I know he uses 1 or 2 delays depending which part of the instrumental he’s playing. Through YouTube, I’ve got fairly close but trying to emulate the settings of Boss stomp delays, which have different parameters to say the 2Tap iLive delay on the Qu, is quite challenging.

My question is, has above attempted the above and can provide the parameter settings for 2Tap. Or, are there alternative delay modules available for the Qu series that I can purchase or download for free?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

WTF???

learn to play the delay… or buy the Boss one
    he used them for reasons

SteffenR
    Participant

there is no Boss delay on the stage floor
    I would say this does the FOH guy with somthing like a TC 2290 or D2
    or an AMX DMX in his guitar rack

Bramasole
    Participant

Hi Seffan R,

Ian trying to play the delays, but when you don’t know what parameters to set and how much, that is the challenge I am trying to overcome.

Sorry, I gave the impression that Hank used Boss delays. No, I came across a YouTube clip from a guy that had already worked out the settings but on Boss Delay ( here’s the link https://youtu.be/KJKvI4kP0bQ ). No Hank mainly used tape delay outboard rack delays, now either obsolete or very expensive vintage effect devices.

I am getting very close on the Qu-24. It took me sometime to realise how critical the parameter settings were. The nearest setting can be achieved, but a 1% turn of the control can slip you out of the window. This is mainly to do with FX return setting, but feedback and duration are both pretty critical.

I’m still not quite there yet, but I’m wondering if anybody has actually attempted the effects on a Qu series mixer?

SteffenR
    Participant

the problem is you need to change the level of the return during playing
    a foot pedal for the FX return comes to mind
    or again the FOH guy

I tried to say earlier that it is a dynamical process
    it changes all the time
    Boss has some loopers with integrated pedals for this

Bramasole
    Participant

Thanks Steffan,

Yes, I understand the dynamic nature of this subject.

I’d be very interested, now that you’ve brought the subject up, in how to utilise a foot pedal with my Qu-24. I understand from AaH that it will need to be a MIDI pedal but working over TCP/IP. Do you know of any such device?

Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

just get yourself one of these and be done with it…

https://www.tcelectronic.com/alter-ego-2-vintage-echo/

Bramasole
    Participant

Thanks jet1968, that’s brilliant. I’m ordering one next week!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.