handle more remote devices

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions handle more remote devices

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

SQ’s control networking is very limited, and overloads easily. You can only run 3 instances of Mixpad. Worse, you’re limited to 2 instances of Mixing Station, which uses more data because it controls more parameters. Qu can handle way more instances of Mixing Station if you use the option to turn off remote control of QuDrive. I’ll actually be using my Qu32 for festivals this year instead of my SQ6, because I need more than 2 devices. I want a laptop at FOH for hardwired control and keyboard entry, a tablet to wander the field with, a tablet onstage for monitors, and a spare.

@kethjah, is the limitation hardware or software?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@nottooloud

This is a hardware limitation.
    The number of MixPad instances was increased from 2 to 3, but we are very unlikely to push it further than this I’m afraid.

I actually have a similar setup (1x laptop for playback/meters/naming, 2x ‘live’ devices for control, 1x spare plus 1x emergency phone use) but don’t need the spares or phone to remain connected.

Thanks,
    Keith.

nottooloud
    Participant

This is a hardware limitation.

Oh, that’s sad. SQ’s network is a downgrade from Qu? Or is it the more channels hitting the limits of similar hardware?

How many devices does Avantis support?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@nottooloud

Qu can have 8 maximum app instances connected with up to 2 of them being Qu-Pad and the others being Qu-You or Qu-Control.
    SQ can have 8 maximum app instances connected with up to 3 of them being SQ-MixPad and the others being SQ4You.

So very similar counts, but yes, more channels and metering on the SQ.

The number of connections to an Avantis varies due to supporting various control connections (e.g. Director, IP, Custom Control) over the same network, but with MixPad only – around 40.

Cheers,
    Keith.

nottooloud
    Participant

Qu can handle a large number of instances of Mixing Station in MS’s mode that simply disables QuDrive control. SQ4You is too limited and requires too much setup for my needs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.