Guitar Amp sim insert

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Guitar Amp sim insert

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nemydom Nemydom 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi guys and girls,

in my last video I tried out, if the TubeStage preamp can act as an emergency guitar amp. If you´ve missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCN4h….
    Today I used a free ampsim in the insert of a channel (via the Waves soundgrid card). To beef things up a bit I did a fake stereo/mono setup and used the ganging feature of the SQ mixer.

Have fun, like subscribe and comment. I really appreciate it.

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of Nemydom
    Nemydom
    Participant

Awesome video! Thanks a lot! Please, please more videos about the WAVES card!
    If I understood you correctly you don’t need any special WAVES software in order to connect SQ’s WAVES card to your Computer and send audio both ways?
    Also, you mentioned you could use USB the same way. How worse the latency would be in that case? Any other disadvantages using USB? I do know you unable to use QU drive in that case 😉

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Glad you like it.

Well, you need the drivers for the SQ Waves card. Those are free in waves soundgrid studio software. And IIRC you need waves central (Their Dowonload center). But you don´t need Multirack or any software that costs money. I also use TracksLive from Waves (again a free software) to record with lowest impact on my CPU.
    I´ll try to make a video on your other questions, because I haven´t checked that in depth.

Cheers

Profile photo of Nemydom
    Nemydom
    Participant

thanks 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.