gstreamer wasapisrc pipeline for SQ

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions gstreamer wasapisrc pipeline for SQ

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of STEPHANVS STEPHANVS 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of STEPHANVS
    STEPHANVS
    Participant

Hi All,

Currently I am trying to substitute the ASIO plugin in OBS with gstreamer. It would be awesome to capture 2 channels via wasapi (wasapisrc).

gst-device-monitor-1.0.exe shows the following:

Device found:

name : Line (SQ)
    class : Audio/Source
    caps : audio/x-raw, format=F32LE, layout=interleaved, rate=48000, channels=32
    properties:
    device.api = wasapi
    device.strid = “\{0.0.1.00000000\}.\{26eacefd-7d3b-4c83-8aa9-4d43572937ae\}”
    wasapi.device.description = “Line\ \(SQ\)”
    gst-launch-1.0 wasapisrc device=”\{0.0.1.00000000\}.\{26eacefd-7d3b-4c83-8aa9-4d43572937ae\}” ! …

so I guess with the proper pipeline it is possible. Of course I will keep trying, so if I get to some results, I will post them here.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@stephanvs

we would be very interested in your results
    please do post them

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@stephanvs ,

An interesting project – to help us understand if there is something we are missing, why is this be preferable over use of the Windows managed options (4 stereo in/out pairs) or use of the ASIO plugin for OBS?
    Is it for moving the audio around between audio applications perhaps?

As the device you discovered is named ‘Line’ by the way – do you have the latest Windows driver installed? (https://www.allen-heath.com/key-series/sq/sq-software/)
    If not, just thinking ahead that you may find it useful to have access to those extra WASAPI stereo pairs the new driver provides.

Cheers,
    Keith.

STEPHANVS
    Participant

I might have missed the updated Windows drivers, will definitely give them a try first as I will be happy if the native Windows way will work in OBS, so multitrack recording via ASIO can work in another application… At least for now.

Maybe I misunderstood that gstreamer is capable of capturing the stream from the desk as interleaved audio (?) so all channels can land in OBS, and extraction of any specific channels could be possible, so then L+R could be on channel 31, 32 and OBS would be able to hear them without ASIO.

STEPHANVS
    Participant

Just to be clear, gst-device-monitor-1.0.exe also shows the directsound Line input from the SQ which I could get to work, I just did not include it in the OP, as I would like to get around directx or any windows relatedness.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@stephanvs

The only way to avoid windoze and its many problems is to use linux or mac.

STEPHANVS
    Participant

Driver update solved my issue. OBS can hear the plain line input now. Will continue to investigate with gstreamer though, as it has a LOT of potential…

STEPHANVS
    Participant

Maybe the Line inputs are not the best via Windows (directsound), we had 2 short dropouts last Sunday during our livestream. The hunt for the pipeline resumes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.