gs3000 sound mixer

Forums Forums Other A&H products gs3000 sound mixer

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of marconi 225 marconi 225 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of marconi 225
    marconi 225
    Participant

Not sure if I can post about this mixer here as it’s really sort of Analog, but here goes, I was asked to look at a mixer the other day a Allen and Heath GS3000, he had done some routine service on it, part of this was to clean some of the switches on the input boards, since then he cannot switch out the PFL. MASTER PFL LED always lit on master board, so unable to hear L&R mix over control room speakers.

It seems that the switch cleaner he used has left a residue of cleaner which causes a high resistance tacking across the PFL switch, not anywhere near enough to bring on the input channel LED but enough to have the transistor logic switching see a PFL bus, as it will clear from time to time , but any use of a PFL switch locks it in again.

Has anybody else had this sort of phantom bus problem if so how did you fix it

Marconi 225

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’ve moved this to the Other A&H products section for you.

Thanks!

Profile photo of marconi 225
    marconi 225
    Participant

Hi folks
    just found a Allen and Heath GS3 Series sound mixer service manual. This is very interesting as it calls up a section on “Care of Your Mixer” one item is “Faders, Switches, and Pots are lubricated for life2 so no cleaning is needed”

I have never before seen a manual that, tells you not to clean from time to time your channel etc faders.

Have any of you folks?

Marconi225

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.