groups

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of po
    po
    Participant

I am new to the dlive system and I am having trouble getting my Groups to work the way that I expect them to. I am able to route a channel to Group1, but I can’t figure out how to route the group to the MainLR. I want to run six choral mics in to a group in order to have them share the same Graphic EQ.

Any help would be welcome.

Thank you

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

In the Director:
    Put a group fader on the surface.
    Do not press a MIX key, so that you are in the master.
    In the Director, you can now see two fields under the name field of the subgroup, the right one of which is labelled “On”. If you click on it, the field turns light blue.
    – and the group is routed to the master.

On the surface:
    Put a group fader on the surface.
    Do not press a MIX button so that you are in the master.
    Now you can press the Assign button, which is located between the fader blocks.
    Then press MIX on the fader of the group at the same time.
    – and the group is routed to the master.

By the way, this is explained very well in the manual. 😉

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

did you ever read the getting started guide?

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/dLive-C-Surface-Getting-Started-Guide-AP10826-Issue-2.pdf

on page 14 section 3.4 explains everything you need to know
    the routing of the groups works the same way as the routing of the input channels

Profile photo of po
    po
    Participant

This console sounds great and is really powerful, but I find the manual to be very difficult and the logic in the design of the console to be very counterintuitive. Maybe someday I will understand the why and how, but I found a completely different approach to assigning to groups using the Routing section.

One last question to the group is how to fine-tune settings. I know that I don’t need all channels to match perfectly, but sometimes when I am sweeping frequency I land on 2.1K or 2.5K. Sonically I know that they are just about the same thing, but I like my channels to match. Is there a way to fine-tune the knob?

Thanks for all the help!

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

“Sonically I know that they are just about the same thing, but I like my channels to match.”

The feature you’re looking for is called “ganging”, and the screen to control it can be shown by pushing the “Ganging” button along the side of the right screen (or only screen, if your surface only has one).

You use it by selecting what channels and parameters you want to gang together.

I don’t have the manual memorized, so I can’t tell what page to go to if you want to learn more, but there’s not much more than that to it anyway.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

One last question to the group is how to fine-tune settings. I know that I don’t need all channels to match perfectly, but sometimes when I am sweeping frequency I land on 2.1K or 2.5K. Sonically I know that they are just about the same thing, but I like my channels to match. Is there a way to fine-tune the knob?

I think I may know what you are talking about. Sometimes the encoder wheel, screen, or knobs don’t always register the same. I think you are referring to an OCD thing where you just want to see the numbers say the same thing. You may could run a calibration, or just save the EQ/Setting and restore it to the channel you want to match.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.