Greater resolution on the encoders

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Greater resolution on the encoders

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ron Ron 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ron
    Ron
    Participant

I’m having trouble zeroing on exact db settings using the encoders. Seems like almost impossible. Even on the hi pass. Trying to get it to 125. It either shoots way above or way below.

Ron

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

are you controlling the parameter from the PEQ controls or front the screen’s encoder? Only the latter is velocity sensitive.

Profile photo of Ron
    Ron
    Participant

Yes on the PEQ controls. Seems to get to .1 or .2 and pass up the setting I’m trying to get.

It’s not a big deal at all but, seems like a small issue to fix in an update.

I can use the Q-Pad to pin point frequencies or dbs.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

What I’m getting at is, have you tried using the screen encoder to make your fine adjustments?

From what I gather, the strip controls work as they do by design, without acceleration or velocity sensing etc. I find it very easy to work from muscle memory; it allows me to make very quick coarse adjustments. Any fine details (or mixing by numbers) I’ll make from the screen encoder. For me it gives the best of both worlds.

Profile photo of DocDocDocDoc
    DocDocDocDoc
    Participant

I’d like to have the PEQ encoders make the parameters move more slowly. There’s really large jumps, especially when selecting frequencies in the khz region.

Profile photo of Ron
    Ron
    Participant

It’s gotten better, or I’ve gotten used to it. Sometimes I’m still trying to 0 out an eq and will be -.2 and barely touch the encoder and it is +.1. I really like the board alot. Also I have an AR2412 instead of the copper snake. I really like carrying a 150′ cat6 wire vs. carrying the 32 pair snake it replaces.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.