Great mixer rack for the Qu-16…

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Great mixer rack for the Qu-16…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Patrick Patrick 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ken
    Ken
    Participant

Just an FYI for anyone looking…my existing SKB was not big enough to accommodate the Qu so I needed another option. As you know the Qu has a different shape so it doesn’t fit in most compact racks. Anyway, I found this one from SKB and they recently dropped the price at most sites to $424.

I attached a pic of one with the Qu installed. This is a cool design as the top comes off and then you can put it under the main rack so it acts like a riser and provides a place to store the front and back panels as well. Cool design. Also has 8U of rails front and back.

Here’s a link to the SKB site.
    https://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=666&offset=1&c=81&s=81

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Have they changed those flimsy butterfly catches yet? If have an expander underneath and transport them both locked together, then the catches that hold it together eventually fail.

DC

Profile photo of Patrick
    Patrick
    Participant

Hi, Ken,

I suppose it’s a long shot that you’ll see this, but…

Is there enough rear clearance within the lid of the Gig Rig that you can keep XLRs connected to the back of the QU-16 that run to rack units in the lower section? That is, can you leave everything connected for travel?

Thanks,

Patrick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.