Got a new managed Switch – no audio or channel names?

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Got a new managed Switch – no audio or channel names?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bdunard bdunard 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bdunard
    bdunard
    Participant

I recently tried a Netgear FS108P unmanaged layer 2 switch and kept getting lots of digital noises at the show so I figured I would try my luck with a Managed switch to have a little more control.
    https://www.netgear.com/support/product/FS108P.aspx

I now have purchased a Netgear M4100-D10-POE which is a layer 2 managed fast ethernet switch.
    https://www.netgear.com/support/product/M4100-D10-POE%20(FSM5210Pv1h1).aspx#docs

I have not done any configuring other than the power on the switch.
    After plugging the ME-1 into the switch I do get power and the correct channel numbers show up based on where they should be assigned but I get not channel names or audio. I am sure there is something I need to do in the management portion of this but I am just not sure what to do or check. Can anyone give me any insight or things I should tweak in the management of the switch?

I have attached what the switch management software looks like.

Thanks!
    Brian

Profile photo of bdunard
    bdunard
    Participant

File was too big in previous email so I am attaching the software management pic here.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of bdunard
    bdunard
    Participant

Update…

Set up a VLAN and now have audio and channel names but I am having a single pop sound every 8-10 seconds…any idea where I should look to fix that in the management software?

Profile photo of Brent H.
    Brent H.
    Participant

We’re having an issue where we had to temporarily replace our ME-U (to get repaired) with a switch and we are having a “pop” about every 30 seconds, too.

Profile photo of bdunard
    bdunard
    Participant

So I got my clicks and pops to go away.

I found out where LLDP and ISDP are managed in the switch software and disabled everything to do with them globally and at each port I had set up in the VLAN. This seemed to get rid of all the pops and clicks so far.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.