GLOBAL USB- PLAYBACK SWITCHING…

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions GLOBAL USB- PLAYBACK SWITCHING…

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

… Ice cannot seem to find. At present I have to go trough every single scene/every input, separately switching local/dsnake/usb- sources. I must be doing something wrong? There has to be a way to switch the usb- playbackmode back to live input-settings, globally? So that the Qu reverts to settings originally stored. I just went trough all my scenes, switching all inputs off USB- mode. Did not store… then started my cue-list from the top, and all scenes were in QuDrive USB. WHAT?

Now, every time I see the yellow USB- light on a scene-change, I crash…

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Scene filters?

Stonepiano
    Participant

Nope, only LR-processing, names and softkeys for now. Softbuttons only have a kill-switch/scene next/delay tap. A question comes to mind: do the source-settings need to be stored on a scene?

Stonepiano
    Participant

Seems so- I now stored the sources on the scenes, and the desk behaves… rather tedious with 43 scenes… I would imagine an easier way to do the virtual check?

Stonepiano
    Participant

All the more tedious, if you have both local and remote-rack sources; lots of painting/unpainting input-tabs. If you miss one, you don´t have that channel… and then (maybe) you see that bloody usb-led, while troubleshooting.

Stonepiano
    Participant

Now that I’m starting to get the hang of the logic behind the USB- source selection, I would like to raise a couple of issues:

– why does the source- selection has to be linked with a scene? I’d rather you select USB- playback at your first scene, and it stays that way across all scene- changes. After you are done with your show, you switch back to live inputs.

– A console at this price- point cannot be all things for all operators, and I would prefer an emphasis on straightforwardness,skipping some aspects that simply are not “quite there”. I assume the thinking behind source-selection is, that some people may want per scene usb- playback, because they want to play backing tracks from a hard drive… but how many of us actually do so? I feel most of us prefer an outboard player, plugged into physical line inputs, where you don’t have to access a different window on the console to press “play”. Or then it’s something completely different, sumptin’ I’ve never even thought about, let alone used.

– the source selection becomes all the more irritating, if you have both remote and local sources; the command-chain for a virtual sound check being something like this:

1st scene: select global USB- source “Qu-drive” ,”all” /tweak/2nd layer/process window/source/all Dsnake/”none”/select local inputs/go to scenes/store

2nd scene: all that all over again… I have 43 scenes at present.

…or I am missing a shortcut. Any pointers?

P.S. The console always sounds Great, and Dsnake-connection has been flawless. Full appreciation.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

See page 53

As Bob has suggested, I think filters are what you are after. It should be possible to set a filter so that sources are not changed.

Stonepiano
    Participant

There is no usb-source filter. Safes include mutes- I want to have unused instruments muted per scene. Any other ways around my dilemma?

Stonepiano
    Participant

Besides, even if there was a source-filter, I’d have no use for it- I would just like to tweak my whole show in one go, one scene after another, without having to do this “tab-dance” with every single scene. When finished- Boom! All scenes back to live-mode with a single command.

If some folks are using usb-channels in their live shows, I think it very unlikely that they would vary from scene to scene? If you have those, just select them and safe the inputs. Those are machine-inputs that probably need not be muted when not playing. Overhead-mics ,for example, I very much want to stay muted when nobody’s playing drums…

Stonepiano
    Participant

I guess the way to go about this is to switch all channels to usb, then safe them, and when done, unsafe them. Minus the channels you actually want safed. Lots of room for mistakes, in my opinion. But at least quicker than how I’ve done it so far.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

OK, I don’t have the desk here, but, look at the top of page 55.

“Filter parameters:
    Inputs/FX (All CH, ST, FX Ret, Groups)
     Input patch (Local, dSNAKE, USB)
    ………”

Is that not what you want?

Stonepiano
    Participant

Oh Yes, there it is, input patch! Thank You Mark! I’ve been reading the manual all over again but somehow missed that. I was probably looking for a dedicated source-tab. What a relief- I knew it had to be there!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Two pairs of eyes are better than one…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.