Global Fading Mute Option

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Global Fading Mute Option

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of alfaomega alfaomega 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of zach
    zach
    Participant

Hey all,

As the human ear is immediately drawn to what is unnatural and uncanny, sometimes muting something outright brings more attention to it than it should. I’ve had it happen to my volunteers who mute reverb effects at the worst possible times where the uncanny difference between a saturated voice and a dead voice was stark and off-putting. I’ve thought about how to address this (some people need the mistake to happen more often to learn and I can’t always afford that) and thought it would be a neat implementation to have some mute buttons selectably function with a quick fade in and fade out; it would essentially sever signal as a mute does, but in a globally selectable timed fading fashion. I’m sure there’s other implications that this could be beneficial in.

Just make a scene with your desired crossfade time and assign that to a button.

For what it’s worth, this is why I always have a VFX DCA, and always use a quick fade as opposed to using mutes.

Profile photo of alfaomega
    alfaomega
    Participant

Why do it simple if you can do it complicate.
    I find the timed fading a good idea to be added as option on the mute.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.