GLD80 white screen, no lights

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD80 white screen, no lights

This topic contains 37 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GKB123 GKB123 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of andrewahmad
    andrewahmad
    Participant

Thank you so much for writing up these instructions! I replaced the CMOS battery, moved the ALWON jumper and my GLD-80 is operational again! Should I leave the ALWON jumper in the new position permanently? What does that jumper do?

Profile photo of Mawo
    Mawo
    Participant

Hi,

great to hear that your GLD-80 is operational again !

Yes, you have to leave the ALWON Jumper in the new position permanently.
    I got these Instructions from the support Team of my Local distributor. They had the same problem on about 4 GLDs in past. They doesn´t know exactly what the Jumper do, but Allen & Heath know about this Problem on GLD Series.

Its not really necessary to open the big bottom plate to fix the back panel to the console again, but it was easier for me to get the power supply over the circuit board with no cables damage. There is much more space to put all cables in its right position.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SanjOk
    SanjOk
    Participant

Hi.

This ALWON jumper sets the mode to always on, without the POWER button. as soon as voltage appears on the motherboard connector, the system automatically starts.
    /Google translate :)/

Profile photo of Andrey22.01.88
    Andrey22.01.88
    Participant

Hi. Today, when the GLD-112 is turned on, I see the following picture, the display is white, there is no illumination of the control elements. The system does not boot, tell me you had similar symptoms?

Andrey22.01.88
    Participant

I am attaching photos

Attachments:
    Andrey22.01.88
    Participant

Hi.Thank you so much for the information on this issue.After I replaced the element and rearranged the jumper, the remote loaded in 10 seconds. I tried to return the jumper to its original position, then the problem returned. After the new position of the jumper, the system does not load as fast as before, you have to wait 5 seconds, after which the system starts, it used to be faster. Please respond, who did the same procedure, how does your remote control feel after these actions? Does it fail you more?I don’t want to get into a situation where it doesn’t start before the concert.

Profile photo of Mawo
    Mawo
    Participant

Hi Andrey,

please let the Jumper in the new position. I got these Instructions from my local support and service distributor. He had some GLDs in past with the same problem you had described.
    Only the two things (Battery replacement and set Jumper to new position) will fix this Issue.

I had done this procedure about one month ago and my GLD-80 works perfectly. I think the boot time is the same as before.

Profile photo of Aaron Hall
    Aaron Hall
    Participant

I had the same problem on a GLD112, noticed the battery, pulled it and it was at less than 10% the labelled voltage, so I replaced it, and that wasn’t sufficient to fix it. I moved the jumper as described here, and that did allow it to boot. It had some old settings saved, but I didn’t get into many details with the church I got it from, and I’m handing it back over to them tomorrow.

It seems to be running Linux. There are PS2 connections on the motherboard, so I wonder if there’s anything to be gained from trying to get to a terminal.

I appreciate the explanation about ALWON, but it still doesn’t make sense to me. The mixer is plugged in, but it’s not on, and doesn’t come on until I hit the external switch.

How was it coming on before the jumper was set? Was there something else turning it on? Is that something else now broken?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

contact the product support, they will help you with your questions

https://www.allen-heath.com/support

Profile photo of Dakotahh
    Dakotahh
    Participant

Hey guys I have two GLD 80 boards and now both of them have done this issue but I fixed it both times I made a video for anyone else that has this issues

Profile photo of Dakotahh
    Dakotahh
    Participant

Profile photo of FletchKane
    FletchKane
    Participant

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Was just about to give up on my GLD 80. Mawo…your instructions were perfect and worked like a charm.

All the best!

Profile photo of HP
    HP
    Participant

Thanks Mawo, Dakotahh and all the others!

I am also an IT systems engineer and I think I understand where the problem lies.

We have all probably used our devices relatively little in the last few months and therefore the CMOS battery has completely drained. It may also be that the pre-installed KTS-OEM 2032 coin cell has simply reached the end of its life.

In any case, this jumper only ensures that the system is allowed to boot even if the battery WAS or IS discharged. Since the system is currently in error status “battery empty”, it can no longer boot up. This could be persistent due to an entry in the BIOS or CMOS “battery fault = 1” or similar.

By setting the jumper this check is skipped and the system may boot anyway.

Seems to be an error in the default configuration of the GLD – with this the system can no longer boot even after changing the CMOS battery.

It is also explicitly mentioned that this may increase the boot time by several seconds. (Note the attached screenshot from the manual!)

Best regards,
    HP

Attachments:
    Profile photo of afr
    afr
    Participant

Tengo una gld-80 que tiene en blanco la pantalla , al encenderla no se visualiza nada ; ni el logo del fabricante .
    Cambié la batería, cambié la memoria RAM y sigo teniendo el mismo fallo de arranque .
    El board que tiene dentro es Fujitsu d3003-s12.
    ¿ se puede cambiar la motherboard ?
    Como se puede cargar el software en otro mSSD

Profile photo of Jeff
    Jeff
    Participant

I noticed the link for the motherboard manual earlier in this thread is not working, so here’s another source for it:
    https://www.kontron.com/download/download?filename=/downloads/datasheets/d/d3313-s-mitx_20191203_datasheet.pdf&product=157710

Jeff

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.