GLD80 white screen, no lights

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD80 white screen, no lights

This topic contains 37 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GKB123 GKB123 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

So it started when we turned it on and the screen was white and no other light on the mixer showed (light on power is blue, but light on ready is not showing) Before that some settings were getting lost so it had to be the battery. We quickly found out that the battery on the motherboard was gone so me and my father in law, who is an incredible service man but never worked with A&H, opened it up and changed the battery. We measured the old one and it was really without power, and the new one had 100% so it was certainly working.Then, following the instructions on the forum, we used the dvi output for an external screen and the output for the keyboard because it said on this forum that you have to change bios settings, but when we turned the mixer on again nothing changed. There were no lights on the mixer, the screen was still white and the mixer sent no output to the screen (blue for power on, and green for ready off)

So I am writing to you if maybe you have some suggestions on what we can do next.
    The mixer has no warranty (it is gone since December 2019) and the only authorized service for our region is in another country so that is not an option.

I am actually searching for better instructions how the dvi/vga outputs are connected, because there are three of them and I only tired the dvi one, because I didn’t have female vga cable at home. And I am also wondering after you change the battery and the screen remains white,did the other lights on the mixer turn on for the others with the same issue?

Thank u for your answers 🙂

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

HI, a had the same problem but it was not on a GLD but on the older ILive T112. There was only one VGA output on these models and when i connected a monitor/keyboard/mouse to it and started i could log into the bios ( F2 or something simmilar) to change the video resolution to 600*480 i think. saved with F10 and restarted an the onboard screen got immage again. Be sure to set your external display to auto select video resolution. I don’t remember if mine had lights at startup but find it strange that your board does not start up with lights because the dispaly resolution has nothing to do with the other systems.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thank you for your answer. I fixed it on Monday. In the end I didn’t need the external monitor because bios restarted on the one that came with the mixer. I used the dvi port anyway and the picture came to both screens (internal and external).
    But our mixer did not work after changing the battery so we had to move two jumpers on the motherboard as well. BIOS recovery jumper & System Power-on jumper. I had some problems with the later because it only has 3 pins and it is hard to say which two are front and what is supposed to be the back. But comparing it to the other elements on the board helped so I think it works in the default position now.

I am also attaching the picture if someone has the same problem in the future 🙂

Profile photo of rrwoods
    rrwoods
    Participant

I am having the same issue as n_1985 above, Could someone help me figure out which jumpers are for the BIOS recovery and which are for the System power-on?
    I assume the RCV jumper is for the BIOS Recover but I hate to assume. What is the order for the jumper moving it, power on, etc…
    I have attached photo of the jumpers.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SanjOk
    SanjOk
    Participant

maybe it helps?

Profile photo of SanjOk
    SanjOk
    Participant

can’t reset the photo … there is a manual for the motherboard ….

https://www.recabuk.com/manuals/motherboards/fujitsu/TechNotes_V1.4_Mini-ITX_D3313-S.pdf

Profile photo of Pintu
    Pintu
    Participant

I have 2 GLD112 surface, one of them having start up problem.
    On starting of the console touchscreen shows only white screen, there’s no beep sound no other indications on console.
    I tried with changing CMOS battery & also tried by changing the RAM but there’s no response from console
    Is it the problem with whole SBC card???

Profile photo of SanjOk
    SanjOk
    Participant

Hi

Profile photo of rrwoods
    rrwoods
    Participant

Problem has been fixed. After replacing the CR2032 Battery, I moved the ALWON jumper to the next location and the system worked – as suggested by American Music and Sound. Thanks to N_1985 for leading me in the right direction and American Music and Sound for clarifying the jumper descriptions and locations.

Profile photo of Johan
    Johan
    Participant

Hi!

I also got the white screen at boot this weekend (GLD112 just over 4 years old). Thanks for the info in this thread, as the GLD112 is up and running after battery swap and changing the ALWON jumper. Do you guys have any explanation on why the jumper had to be changed? Why wouldn’t AH have the jumper on this new position from factory?

It is a bit scary to know that the GLD might not boot up due to the battery when showing up at a gig. Also that connection between internal boards rely on microUSB cables…

Profile photo of Pintu
    Pintu
    Participant

Same problem faced (white screen on boot up), tried with CMOS battery replaced & ALWON jumper position changed, but problem not resolved
    Also tried hard reset by placing jumper on input board, but still console not starting.

Anyone has lead about SBC board, are they different in GLD80 & GLD112??

As I have 2-GLD112 & 1-GLD80, can I keep one common spare SBC board for all 3 models??

Profile photo of Mawo
    Mawo
    Participant

Hi,

i´m a Guy from Austria and have the same Problem on my GLD80 Chrome Surface.
    Thanks for your great Infos to replace the CMOS Battery and change the ALWON jumper position.

I will try this the next time and hope the surface will boot up.

Can you describe what is the easiest way to get inside the surface to chance the CMOS battery? What screws are the best to remove?

Thanks

Profile photo of Mawo
    Mawo
    Participant

Problem fixed.

CMOS Battery replaced and Position of ALWON Jumper changed.

Thanks

Profile photo of andrewahmad
    andrewahmad
    Participant

I have the same problem with my GLD-80. What’s the best way to open up the console to replace the battery and change the jumper position?

Profile photo of Mawo
    Mawo
    Participant

Hi,

sorry that i had forgotten to write about the best way to open up the console to replace them.

I got Informations about that issue and to fix them from my local distribution office.

The best way to get to the mainboard is to remove the back panel (Where your XLR and others Connectors are located) and put them onto the big bottom plate. No Cables are necessary to remove and thats the easiest way to get to replace the battery. The mainboard is directly located behind the touchscreen.

Step by Step Instructions:
    1. Push all Faders fully in its Up position
    2. Remove 5 Screws (Torx T8) from Back Panel on Surface Top behind the Touch and Channel Encoders.
    3. Turn the mixer with its Surface down on a soft cover to protect encoders and faders with the direction of the back Panel towards to you.
    4. Remove 4 Screws (Torx T8) (two on each side) of the Back Panel.
    5. Remove all Screws (Torx T20) on the small bottom plate of the Back Panel (its not necessary and helpfull dont remove the big bottom plate for opening the console)!
    6. After removal all screws, pull the Back Panel carefully towards to you and store them onto the big bottom plate. Important that the mixer is in an horizontal and less angled position. No Cables had to remove !!!
    7. Replace the CR2032 CMOS Battery and put the ALWON Jumper to the next Position (See Picture attached).
    8. Re Insert the Back Panel and be careful don´t damage any cable espacially the cables from the Power Supply. Best way is to put the Back Panel onto the device, after this remove the big bottom plate (all Torx T20 Screws).
    Thats easier to push all the cables to its best position and don´t damage them. Especially the cables from the Power Supply.
    9. Insert all Screws from the Back Panel small bottom plate first, than they from the big bottom plate.
    10. Insert the screws from the Back Panel (Torx T8), then turn the Mixer with its Surface UP and insert the 5 Screws behind the Touch and Encoders.

After you had finished this procedure. Your mixer will reboot after some seconds. The first boot will take a bit more time.

Sorry about my bad english.

See the pictures attached.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.