GLD80 V1.61 – 2:43 boot time?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD80 V1.61 – 2:43 boot time?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of John-S John-S 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Any help will be appreciated.

Just upgraded my GLD80 to V1.61 Rev 38134.

Have no cables of any type connected to rear of GLD80 except mains power cable.

DHCP on = 2:43 boot time
    DHCP off = 2:43 boot time IP= 192.168.0.100 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1

What am I missing here.

Thank you. John

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Ping Just needed to click “Notify me of replies”

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

That’s about what mine has done since very early days when I first got it. I thought it was less with DHCP off but haven’t used it in awhile. I usually just turn it on and go off and do something else.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

John. Is there anything significant enough in this update to worry about not doing it?

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

GCumbee,

I thought the new effect provided was going to be of some use… meh.

Personally instead of another effect I would have liked side-chain compression. I’ll bet no one with a GLD was asking for that new effect. I know many were asking for side-chain. It would be easier to cross-patch the dynamics accumulators than to make that effect.

The GLD is in the process of entropy.

With V1.51 it booted quicker. I must say I am concerned about V1.61 long boot time. I hope it is just something I am overlooking.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

FWIW. My rep assures me it’s not nearing EOL. AH claims there are many out on bids to keep it going. I was at a church yesterday that launched their new SQ6 I sold them. Lots of things I like about it but a lot I don’t. I still think GLD is a much better console.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

I get stymied by lack of some common features though.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Me too. I wonder if the design guys have ever been real sound engineers.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I’ve worked video on shows where I’m directing and I’ve got some guy telling me where my cameras should be or other stuff and I ask him has he ever directed TV before. He says No. I say ‘well let me decide what I need or want’

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Its difficult dealing with those types. As of late I just take the path of least resistance to get those people away from me.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Any help on the boot time from Allen & Heath? I welcome suggestions. Should I down rev back to 1.51?

Thank you

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Ping. Anyone from A&H available to comment?

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Still have the long boot time. Can anyone from A&H check in here?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi John,

I’ve just timed 48s here on GLD boot time. There might be some minor variances in the field due to different computers used over the years, also the complexity of the show file you have loaded, but 2.43 minutes sounds too much. Please can you try the following:

– Manually restore the default network settings
    DHCP Off
    IP address 192.168.1.50
    Subnet 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.1.254

– Load a template Show file

If this doesn’t help, can you confirm that rolling back to V1.5x makes significant difference?

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Nicola,

I followed your directions explicitly and my boot time shrunk to 0:39 min. Great news. I then left the GLD at “DHCP Enabled OFF” and set my network numbers in the IP Settings and it also booted quickly. I am not sure what happened during the update to 1.61 but all seems to be operating in good order. It was acting like DHCP ON no matter where I set the option. It is possible I was not letting the console reboot when I changed DHCP on to off.

Let’s just assume I was not changing the settings properly. My bad….

Thank you for your guidance.
    John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.