GLD80 USB

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD80 USB

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of salonsound
    salonsound
    Participant

Still looking for an answer to my USB problem. My GLD80 doesn’t recognise any USB stick. It has been fine for 3 years but now when I put the stick in I get nothing.
    Also how do I update without a USB input?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Joking Right? So, I formatted two USB flash drive, one on FAT(31) the other NTFS and put on both some .Wav music files and a couple of show files and headed off to theater. I could access both drives to pull up my show files. All is good. But
    trying to play music was very strange. I put one drive in and the system could not ‘find’ any music. Ok so I put the other one with same result. Hmm! Ended up with both sticks on the two USB sockets – and – could locate and play music! So, I pulled one stick and the system said no drive seen (remember it had been seen to load a show file). 2nd USB stick inserted and I guess you know what happened? I could select tracks to play! So it seems I have to have aa USB Flash Drive in both surface sockets to fin/play music. Sorta odd right?
    What I do find amazing if this a A&H forum right?
    I am new to the ETC Element 2 lighting Console and have had a bucket load of questions. On their forum – I only have to post a (dumb) question and within minutes one of many of thousands of users around the world and/or a “real” ETC EOS tech rep replies. I buy equipment based very much on how soon I can get questions answered and give this forum a -5

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

You could try opening up the console, and unplugging the USB leads from the PCB, and then using some spray cleaner on the terminals, and then replugging the USB leads back into the PCB.

I believe there are also USB ports accessible from inside too.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@salonsound

AH seems to have a big problem with USBs initially.

But a sudden stopping of seeing your USB looks like something else now.

What else has changed? firmware?
    Did the USB get used elswhere so something got changed on it?
    Does the USB get recognized by other devices ?

salonsound
    Participant

Hi,
    I generally use the USB port to record LR output. I´ve used may sticks and all have been great and all work in PC. It has been great for 3 years but a couple of months ago, I recorded a show on Friday then put the same stick in on Saturday and nothing!
    If I put the USB in either port, the light on the USB stick flashes but nothing happens on the desk. I´m using firmware V1.51

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Nothing changed. As described I can out either a FAT(32) or a NTSF, stick in and ‘see’ my show files. Sometimes I have to take the stick out and re-insert it to get things to work. Now; both sticks have .wav files on them. If I place a stick into the top socket on the front and go to setup/USB I get a no USB mounted message and can’t see my music files.
    So, now put that stick in bottom socket to same end. Same result, so without thinking I inserted the other stick into the free socket and we connected. I could see the .WAVs! Aha, bad stick originally – so I removed it and lost the WAVs. Deeply troubled I went through every combination I could try and the only time I saw my WAVs was when a stick was in both drives. Didn’t matter which way round but had have both inserted. I’ve described this before and had suggestion about opening the board which – due to the fact – I can see show files means the USB drives are connecting properly there is just something in the USB playback area. So until I do the next firmware / software update I’m just leaving both in.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@BobJ452

Something changed! It may not be obvious or look major but *something* changed!
    Else you have to believe that hardware/software has a mind of its own or can get taken over by demons from another realm.

I may be confusing this with something else but I thought you had to have FAT32 and only that would work properly; also you had to have specific wav files.

Also you should format on the device before each use.
    And that using the USBs in other devices could cause problems.
    I have great problems (well used to until I found the problem and fixed it) putting a USB in a win10 device then trying to use it elsewhere. Just put it in; do not even have to *use* it in win10.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hmm! That has come up before. The idea of formatting from the GLD but I’m darned if I can find how/where to format a USB stick on the console. Re the specific WAV file. Well once both stick are in I can see and play them.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Did anyone ever come up with a way to format USB flash drives on the GLD112?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I don’t believe there is a way to do it on the console. Format it on a computer with a FAT32 file system. Make sure that you do a regular format, and not a quick format.

salonsound
    Participant

OK so just formatted the stick to FAT32 and it now works. Thank you all so much for the info.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The only reason I raised the question about formatting from the console is because someone on this forum told me to do that! And yes, my both my fAT(32) and NTFS sticks allow me to see show files. My concern was that (for some reason) I have to have both USB sockets occupied to see my .WAV files.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.