GLD80 signal routing to Dante I/O

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD80 signal routing to Dante I/O

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of wirecounter wirecounter 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wirecounter
    wirecounter
    Participant

I am wondering where in the signal path the output to the I/O port is taken.

For example, I assign input socket 1 to output 1 in the I/O screen; from which point in the system block diagram is this signal routed? I was under the impression that the output signal would be directly routed from the input socket bypassing the signal processing; but, the trim/gain control (for that input socket) controls the volume sent to the Aviom A320 personal mixer connected/programmed for output 1.

From the system block diagram I see that the I/O Port (64 Outputs) block gets its signal from the Output Patch block (which contains “Input Skt 1-48, among others), which gets signals from the Mix Master (Grp, Aux, Main) and Matrix Master blocks. I do not see the actual routing.

Please provide me with some guidance. Mahalo!

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

It’s taken from wherever you send it from.

The reason the preamp control affects the level is that the preamp is part of the socket. The “socket” is an XLR connector, a digitally controlled analog preamp, and an analog to digital converter. This A-D converter is the first point where the signal even exists in the digital realm. The trim control is part of the channel strip processing, so changing this will not affect the “socket” signal.

Chris

Profile photo of wirecounter
    wirecounter
    Participant

Mahalo Chris for your kokua!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.