GLD80 possible end of life?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD80 possible end of life?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of FRNCH
    FRNCH
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having issues with the GLD80 in the theatre I work at. I had a show last friday , I was using it with an AR2412 and a AB168.

During soundcheck I was getting constant QOS errors / drops for both AR2412 and AB168, I switched to our redundant Cat5e cable but the problem was still there. I was also noticing the console was getting slow / not as snappy at changing layers and pages. And the screen now as some kind of issue too where it looks like an old CRT screen which I have never noticed before. I tried renbooting the console just before we opened doors to see if it would resolve the issue but they are still there.

Today I have fully reset and reflashed the 1.61 firmware onto the console and rebuild our template showfile from scratch to see if that would fix it but without any luck either.

Is there anything I could try to keep the desk running a little longer or should I concider replaceing very soon?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Jonathan
    Jonathan
    Participant

If it was me, I’d contact support ASAP and see if you can get an RMA. The GLD is a discontinued series but only recently so you should still be able to get parts.

I love our GLD and the little I’ve used the newer consoles from A&H, I can’t stand them. The new ones have fewer and fewer buttons and knobs; focusing mostly now on touch displays and menus. I’d personally want to keep the GLD as long as I could.

Profile photo of FRNCH
    FRNCH
    Participant

I’ve contacted them, hopefully they will get back to me soon. I’ve used the dlive and avantis quite a bit and really enjoyed the consoles, the only issue I have with the gld is the small channel input and matrixing / output usability. If not it’s a great console

Profile photo of Jonathan
    Jonathan
    Participant

Those are the two I’ve had a little time on as well, but my primary is the GLD 112. I guess I’m partial to the GLD. 😁

Hope you get it figured out one way or the other! The newer models definitely have better routing options.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

When was the BIOS battery on the mother board last changed…if ever?

That said the symptom with a bad/dead battery is normally that one day the mixer
    will not boot up and you get just a white screen.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Is it recommended to change this now if it hasn’t gone bad yet? Is there a documented procedure?

Chris

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

You can find the info and pictures right here search for battery.

Not saying it will fix your issue that your having now but considering the age
    it would not hurt to change it.

You can also do a hard full reset while you have the mixer opened up to change the battery, that could maybe help your issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.