GLD80 Freezing mid show all leds on faders moving crazy…..help!

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD80 Freezing mid show all leds on faders moving crazy…..help!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ammos Ammos 8 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ammos
    Ammos
    Participant

for third time in 2 weeks same problem occurs console freezing midshow no control. sound seems not affected. console acts like crazy. random leds and lcd screens lights. Error log is flooded with hudrends of errors. Restarting the console recalls a random sceene.
    Updateted firmware 2 times already. it seems to resolve problem for 1 or 2 days until it happens again. Uploading my error logs. Any ideas?
    I tryed to contact my dealer ..it took them 7 days to answer my calls/emails, to tell me: just send us the console to check it……

Profile photo of Ammos
    Ammos
    Participant

for third time in 2 weeks same problem occurs console freezing midshow no control. sound seems not affected. console acts like crazy. random leds and lcd screens lights. Error log is flooded with hudrends of errors. Restarting the console recalls a random sceene.
    Updateted firmware 2 times already. it seems to resolve problem for 1 or 2 days until it happens again. Uploading my error logs. Any ideas?
    I tryed to contact my dealer ..it took them 7 days to answer my calls/emails, to tell me: just send us the console to check it……

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Edi
    Edi
    Participant

Hi Ammos,

Did you have an USB thumb drive connected?
    I once experienced such an issue with an faulty thumb drive I connected.
    Bought a new one and never had the issue again.

Best regards,
    Edi

Profile photo of Ammos
    Ammos
    Participant

Thanks for fast reply and your efort to help!
    it happened with and without a usb flash plugged on console.
    After the first time it happend i use an usb flash only to backup my settings just after the sound check i remove it and restart the console and after the shows are over before i turn unit off.

Profile photo of Ammos
    Ammos
    Participant

Happy new year to everyone!
    and… it happend again… Several times during shows..
    it seems i have to send desk to service again…. 1 month with rental again.
    this unit have spent more time on the service bench than on actual work… is the most unstable thing i ever worked with over 25 years of work.

Profile photo of Scott A&H
    Scott A&H
    Participant

Very sorry to hear about this. Please send your logs to your dealer asap so they can be analysed by A&H.
    If you don’t get a reply, please email them to A&H support via the web site. Don’t forget to include your details and problems and attach the logs.
    Is the mixer working when not connected to a Rack ?

Best,
    A&H Support

Profile photo of spinnaay
    spinnaay
    Participant

Hi All,

Has anyone got an update on if this got fixed on anyone’s desks. I have a very similar problem and need to know if I should send my desk in for repair or if there is a software fix.

Many thanks!

Profile photo of Ammos
    Ammos
    Participant

Hello spinnaay.
    Desk is at its way to my dealers service in Athens and from there to Uk service so it will take up to a few weeks until we hear something from them.
    I had to work the desk with the problem for a few weeks…. during that period i had the time to investigate the problem…
    after 20 heart attacks .. i found a reliable rental analog desk that i can keep until mine is repaired.
    it seems that mine have a harware problem on dsp module :(. we will see what service have to say. i am attacing the crash report i sent to them.

Profile photo of Ammos
    Ammos
    Participant

here is the report.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Upsight
    Upsight
    Participant

I am having the exact same issues with my GLD 80
    waiting on a RMA # from the Distributer, My desk might have seen maybe 40 shows total

Profile photo of Ammos
    Ammos
    Participant

Hello everyone! Anyone got something about the issue ? i am still waiting for an answer from main A&H service…. the only think they keep saying to me every time i call is that they are “reviewing” and investigating the report and error logs” (!!!!!) is almost a month since i sent the desk to the service… in the meantime i have to work with 20 years old analog rentals…
    Very disappointed from the A&H service. Already asked from the owners to buy a new Behringer x32 desk with stage boxes the GLD80 is going to be sold or stay in the storage place… never again on my bench… i will post here when i have any news though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.