GLD80 Firmware 1.30 install failure

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD80 Firmware 1.30 install failure

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RB RB 8 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

At last, I am installing the 1.30 firmware update on our GLD80. I am running into some trouble and hope someone on the forum can help. I have followed the steps to unzipping and copying the folder (Mac) to a kingston thumbdrive. Once it is plugged into the gld80 and the firmware setup protocol begins, an error comes up. The firmware is recognized on the thumbdrive, but I get an “update failed” on the GLD operating system. All of the other systems update successfully. When I go through the same steps with v1.22, the firmware update works perfectly. Has anyone else experienced firmware update failure? How do I address this issue? I would like to have our system upgraded ASAP in time for a client who uses the gld editor for show prep.

Thanks for the help. Really enjoy our gld system. Thanks A&H!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

My first thought is a bad download. Try downloading the update again after either erasing the thumbdrive or deleting the 1st download or a different drive so it is clean. Try that.

dcongdon
    Participant

I have done both of those. Tried the WinZip for Mac software instead of the Apple Unzip software and am running into even more problems. Now the firmware update protocol isn’t showing up. The screen reads

10.564343] BUG: scheduling while atomic: Xorg/1026/0x00000002.

It keeps rebooting this code with no progress. Feeling a bit uneasy at the moment…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Oh man…Well that was my best shot. Since they DON’T give us a way to hard reset looks like you need to contact someone at tech support ASAP Mon. I assume you did a basic reset? I have done upgrades on a Win 7 PC but don’t see why it would be different in light of you having done them before…

If you get a resolve to this please post the results..Might benefit others…

dcongdon
    Participant

yeah, I’ll be taking a trip to my A&H dealer tomorrow and putting some calls in. I’ll keep everyone posted.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Any luck?

I received another GLD80/32 demo unit I bought to go with a 112/48 for an upcoming 15 hr Telethon I do every year. Using them for TV mix. It came with V 1.00. I used the same USB thumbdrive I had used to update the first 80 I got that I am sending back to my rep(his sample). The V1.30 loaded fine. No problems. So not sure about yours…

dcongdon
    Participant

It’s been at the dealer for 2 days now. They were great about expediting the process and sending a request to A&H for a response…hopefully I hear back soon. Crossing my fingers and hoping this unit won’t need to be shipped to the factory. lost time = lost $

dcongdon
    Participant

GLD80 is back from the dealer. It is now updated to v1.30 and seems to be functioning correctly. I’ll put it through a few tests in the shop this week before I send it out. From what I hear, the dealer had to Skype with Britain to troubleshoot/reset the console issues and update the firmware. Really thankful for their work over at Pro Sound & Lighting.

Apparently the core log showed some anomalies that A&H will need to analyze. I’m looking forward to learning from this ordeal… whether it was user error or system failure. My confidence in the brand was rattled a bit, but I am very impressed with how they handled the situation and my dealer’s service. Makes our work so much easier to have that kind of support.

I will update this thread if I hear any news about the core log.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Great news. I think we will all be curious to hear what the findings are. This could affect everyone. I am going into a long weekend on 9,10 with a 15hr Telethon using a 112 and an 80 for TV mix. It will be my first use of the boards since becoming a dealer and my first time in almost 40yrs of work to use digital boards. I am looking forward to it and a little concerned also. I could almost do it on one 48in so if one fails and I can’t just restart it I can be down for a little while and repatch sockets and get back up with a few less mics. I will have another analog board there also. If it were not a live TV show it would be different. I have been testing the two boards for awhile and have yet to make them crash but I have not had a lot of sources going all at once either.

Keep us posted…

Profile photo of RB
    RB
    Participant

Hy guys,

I have managed to install the 1.30 firmware without a problem and I have worked with my console for 6 days since and had no issues except it takes a little bit longer to boot up the system

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.