GLD80 fader trembling help

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD80 fader trembling help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joe Hinkens Joe Hinkens 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of misterGrahamB
    misterGrahamB
    Participant

Hi Everyone- new here so thank you in advance for your help.

I have a GLD-80 that has a fader ‘trembling’ issue: every time I swap layers, recall a scene, or do anything requiring fader movement, the faders tremble and take quite a bit of time returning to the correct position. Additionally, I see the gain moving up/down in tiny increments constantly in the channel strip display. This happens across all of the faders/channel strips – or seemingly all. The faders come to rest eventually, but the small gain movement in the channel strip continues – even if I manually move a fader up or down to set a new value.

Things I have tried:
    Updated firmware (now on 1.61)
    Recalibrated faders
    Factory reset

Anyone have any ideas or seen this before? If all else fails I can attempt to RMA to the American distributor, but it will be tough for us to be without a board for whatever length of time that takes.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

The only time that I’ve seen this is when a an app is connected to the mixer at the same time, and was causing a conflict for some reason. If you have networked remote control in-use try removing it and seeing if it still does it. If that’s not the case, you likely have a faulty fader.

Profile photo of Joe Hinkens
    Joe Hinkens
    Participant

I have this exact same issue as the OP and have conducted the following:
    Updated Firmware to 1.61
    Recalibrated faders
    Spray electrical contact cleaner in the faders
    Conducted a hard factory reset

Any ideas or recommendations?

I should note that this mixer is extremely clean and was used on a limited basis since new, but hasn’t been turned on for a couple of years.

Thanks,
    Joe

Profile photo of Joe Hinkens
    Joe Hinkens
    Participant

I also replaced the 2032 battery which was completely flat and still no joy. Faders continue to jitter or chatter and the channel strip values continue to fluctuate erratically by 0.1db or 0.2db.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.