GLD112/80 To Logic Help

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD112/80 To Logic Help

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 3 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mobius
    Mobius
    Participant

Hello!

I’m Will, and I’m new here!

I really need some help understanding the terminology and process to get my GLD channels to Logic Pro X so I can make a better mix in Logic for my livestream.

What equipment do I need? A Dante card? If anyone is willing to give me a head to toe process it would be hugely appreciated!!

Thanks so much!!
    Will

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Logic is not a live tool

Profile photo of Mobius
    Mobius
    Participant

Logic and ProTools can be used to process livestream mixes.

I need help getting my GLD112 connected to Logic.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Try to find a Dante or Waves card for the GLD. Maybe some reseller have one on stock, otherwise you have to find a used one.
    For the Dante Card you need an additional Dante Virtual Soundcard for the computer on which Logic is running.

Profile photo of Mobius
    Mobius
    Participant

Ok! Thanks!! Doesn’t Waves need some kind of really expensive system to work?

I’m assuming a Dante Card is the cheapest option. Someone mentioned using a Focusrite RedNet to talk to the computer. Though I’m still nit sure if the line flow.

GLD112 > Dante Card > RedNet > MacBook > RedNet(Again?) > ATEM Video Switcher > Livestream.

Is that right?
    Thanks!!!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the ATEM can not connect to Dante

Logic and ProTools can be used to process livestream mixes.

I was trying to say that all you need is in the GLD already
    there is no real need for the Logic route
    and there are tools available to do audio processing without the need of a real sequencer software

otherwise it is possible to feed the mix out the GLD into any interface (some of them have S/PDIF)
    and back from Logic to the ATEM
    latency should be no issue since the video part needs way more processing time than the audio

For the Dante Card you need an additional Dante Virtual Soundcard for the computer on which Logic is running.

the same applies to the Waves solution but the software is free of charge
    Dante Virtual Soundcard costs $ 29.99

Profile photo of Mobius
    Mobius
    Participant

How do I set up the routing so Dante will go into Logic! I have the Dante option card, using the primary port, straight to my MacBook which has Dante Virtual Sound Card and Dante Control.

Would someone be willing to explain it to me? I’m very new to Dante networking!

Thanks so much!

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

First of all you should read the manual of the GLD, of the Dante system and of Logic very carefully. because I am not used t work with Logic, I am using Reaper instead for recordings, I cannot help you with Logic at all.
    What you have to do for sure, is to route on the console all Input direct outs, or whatever signals you want to send into the Dante network, to the I/O Port out channels. Then you need the software Dante Controller. There you should see the GLD and your computer as available devices. On the routing screen you can see the devices as Dante Receivers and Dante Transmitters. Now you can route form the GLD as Transmitter all channels to the Computer as Receiver. At the end you have to select in Logic the Dante Virtual Soundcard as your audio interface and route the input of the soundcard to your desired channels.
    If you want do send the signals back to the GLD, you have to go the way back. That means Logic out to DVS out, int the Dante Controller choose Computer as Transmitter to GLD as Receiver and rout the desired signals to the GLD I/O Port. And on the GLD route from the I/O Port in to the desired channels for instance.
    Thats it. Any Questions? Again, read the manuals carefully.

Profile photo of Mobius
    Mobius
    Participant

Thank you so much!!

Things are moving along. I have my routing set successfully to Logic Pro X.

Now I just need to know how to route my mix back to the GLD 112.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

> Now I just need to know how to route my mix back to the GLD 112.

Dante controller. Point sources at inputs on GLD. The inputs from the IO card can them be routed to channels as needed.

Profile photo of Mobius
    Mobius
    Participant

I can get individual channels routed back to the GLD, but I’m trying to get my whole finished mix back on one channel for our livestream mix. Is there a standard way to do that?

Thanks again!!

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

If you want one channel, setup a MONO Matrix that is fed from your LR. Route that matrix out to a Dante channel using Dante Controller, if you are streaming via Dante. If you’re streaming another way route that matrix to a physical output. Also, set the Matrix as PRE so that the main house LR level doesn’t effect your stream.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.