GLD update firmware ?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD update firmware ?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

Hi Allen&Heath developers (Nicola)

I do understand that development focus is on dLive and if I would have money and work for it… I would buy the Lovely desk.

I am pretty happy with the GLD for now. Small footprint, weight is all pro GLD vs dLive. So we are at 1.51 for some time now. Are there plans for a new update with new features ? Or is this it ?

There are still some items on my wishlist and some are easy to implement in my opinion..
    * pre-amp ganging (pad/gain only)
    * relative pan ganging (yamaha style)
    * more stereo channels possibility (would like to have 4)
    * a FX distortion to get more bite (the rotary drive on steriods)
    * music player that can play from a USB directory
    * waterfall screen like Qu (boy toy)
    * ipad app with metering screen (like Qu)
    * ipad app with fx config support
    * GLD-You app on iphone/android
    * softbuttons that can play/pause music player
    * scene safe for FX send / Aux Send split up (they are bound together now)
    * RTA in group channel show group audio in stead of master or PFL audio. That is confusing !
    * audio level meter/indication on a DCA
    * all audio metering levels pre/post fader option in settings
    * Latch option for ALT button

Please inform me/us on future plans with GLD and keep up the good work.

Regards
    Pascal

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

Based on the 2014-2015 firmware schedule, I would be surprised to see a GLD firmware update before Q2 of 2016 – especially since the last update had significant features (“chrome,” AMM, new FX, new comps). We’re on track for an annual update at this point.

Even with A&H’s focus on dLive, I would be shocked if either the GLD or QU are close to end-of-life. They were both refreshed with “Chrome” editions within the last year, which I would expect equates to no less than 5 more years of support. I could be wrong, but that would seem fair. Having that confirmed by A&H would always be appreciated. I won’t hold my breath though.

I am likewise happy with the GLD product line. Our system is in use fairly regularly and our clients have been very satisfied. I have a wish list as well, which has been shared in other threads. Aside from my top requests (ducking, downward expansion, pop groups, dedicated trim for stereo recording, and updated GLD-app), I am also interested in several of your suggestions:

* relative pan ganging (yamaha style)
    * audio level meter/indication on a DCA
    * Latch option for ALT button

Thanks for sharing.

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

iLive has been updated with dLive, GLD is the next and then Qu follows. That’s just my guess.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I think the product line is set pretty well right now. From my dealer point of view we have the models and price points to compete well.

plevrier
    Participant

It has been a year now since the last update. (1.51).

I am still hoping for some bugfixes and new functionality as it is also done in de Qu series.

Can anybody from A&H clarify the roadmap for GLD series ? If this is it, I will still use the GLD but for a new console I will check out other manufacturers as well.

regards,
    Pascal

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

GLD needs a refresh.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Is there anything in particular you want?

Profile photo of JLD
    JLD
    Participant

We all have different requirements and wishes, these are mine and i believe that they can be implemented within the existing hardware.
    A software update with
    – Ducker.
    – DCA Spill.
    would be nice.

Then comes hardware update wishes for the next purchase, can we see a gen2 facelift maybe?
    – 2 dSnake ports.
    – More inputs on the back of surface.
    – Compressor and gate indication diods on the surface.
    – More busses then 30/20 maybe 40/30.
    – More inputs 56 mon and 8 stereo would be a nice and take a step up from the QU

I think that the GLD is a nice tool and fits well into the product line. With some improvement like mentioned above it must have many ear still be the dlive little brother.

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

Hardware wish list for next gen GLD:

1. USB audio interface built in. Spend over $1000 on a Dante card for multi-track recording is just too much.
    2. More local inputs. Since there is no dedicate talkback mic input, 4 mic surface inputs may not enough for wireless mics.
    3. Better meter LEDs.
    4. Still support dsnake.
    5. Keep the under $5000 price tag.

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

The “expander” port is there for more local I/O if needed (though it’s AR84-only, so just an extra 8×4). I prefer the flexibility of that approach rather than adding to the size and cost of the desk with local I/O that may not be useful in all applications.

For the GLD mk2, I’d like to see A&H turn the expander into a full-fledged dSnake port rather than limiting it to 8×4.

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

that will just be more expensive

plevrier
    Participant

Well no response from anybody from A&H. I am disappointed. It seems that GLD platform is what is it for now and no updates. That is a shame. the Qu platform has some really nice features in the Remote Apps which are not in GLD.

So please A&H share your roadmap for GLD.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

My GLD firmware wish list.

1. Metering on DCAs
    2. When ganging 2 channels, I would like an option for PAN control to work like it does in the Qu series for LINKed channels.
    3. Read-only scenes, that only the admin user can modify, or delete.

plevrier
    Participant

So today I saw the webinar for dLive. I like that console but for now I am still waiting for any changes / updates for GLD ?

WHAT IS THE PLAN ? Please A&H I am asking for a long time now. Take just 1 minute to reply and state what the future is for GLD.

Profile photo of Nitish
    Nitish
    Participant

Hello,

Allen & Heath should come up with new firmware updates for GLD.

As Follows:-

* Analogue type Red Gain/Preamp Knob in preamp section. Quite confusing in digital dB Bvalues.

* Dedicated Mute Groups.

* Metering on DCAs.

* With some more output busses configuration.

* Shure and Sennheiser Libraries.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.