GLD softkey randomly changing state

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD softkey randomly changing state

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Geep Geep 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Geep
    Geep
    Participant

Our sound company is doing “James and the Giant Peach” at a local high school, my partner is mixing. He noted yesterday that a softkey to which he had assigned an FX channel mute was randomly changing state. He updated the mixer to the latest software and reset things, moved the mute function from one softkey to another but the issue persists. Mutes assigned to the first four softkeys for DCA’s are not showing this behaviour. Anyone seen this and have a solution or an explanation? Thanks

Geep
    HH Audio
    Lynchburg VA

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Are you saying that the softkey was muting and unmuting itself when he wasn’t touching the desk? Was the fader strip for the FX channel following the behaviour of the softkey?

If it was set to delay tempo it would flash on and off, I assume it wasn’t that…

Chris

Profile photo of Geep
    Geep
    Participant

Correct. He was not touching it at all, it was randomly unmuting and remuting. He finally dropped the faders completely out and was adding effects manually, not the way he wanted to do it! Was not set to delay tempo, although the last softkey was used for tap.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Was the GLD connected to an ethernet network?

Chris

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Does it do it with a default (blank) scene?

Profile photo of Geep
    Geep
    Participant

Thanks all for comments and thoughts. My partner put in a tech support request, and the problem was narrowed down to an ethernet connection via wireless router, a question that another poster asked. Steve removed the router connection and the problem went away. My thought is that, even though the network was private with only the GLD and an iPad connected, somehow something MIDI’ish was coming in over the ethernet link. Not sure if MIDI over Ethernet can be turned off, but suggested that to my partner as something to try in order to maintain the ability to control things with either the laptop or iPad.

Thanks again, and perhaps this thread will help someone else.

Geep

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.