GLD is a great platform. Will it stay?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD is a great platform. Will it stay?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of FBCW FBCW 8 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jim
    jim
    Participant

Finally logging some time on this desk. I must say, I wouldn’t have purchased if it wasn’t for a B stock deal. However it is sooo versatile in routing/set up. I’m thinking of adding another to my inventory.

Will this desk continue on in the line up, or is it an oddball between the QU and Dlive that will be phased out? I don’t see many of these out in the wild, and it is a shame. It’s a great unit. I think the initial pricing killed it early on.

Also, a 16 – 18 fader rack mount version would be in my inventory if it became available!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Some of my thoughts exactly. Pricing stopped me initially and also lack of perceived local inputs initially and the way it was handled I think by marketing at the start. I stayed with analogue for that period until QU came along.
    However Im thinking of getting something else above QU level now.

Profile photo of FBCW
    FBCW
    Participant

To me, these are three distinct lines, GLD just happens to have he fewest products.

I would never be able to justify an ilive, let alone a dlive for our church, but the QU is unacceptable for ‘walk up and use it’ install work because it’s not wysiwyg enough… Labeling channels clearly becomes difficult and the board feels very cramped in a large tech booth. The GLD (80 especially) is pretty much the least intimidating digital board out right now and the way it displays processing parameters allow it to actually be used as a great teaching aid. A&H knows this and for my use, that’s a huge selling point.

I got my entire 48 channel setup for less than the price of just an ilive surface! To me, this puts it clearly in a product class that was born out of necessity for A&H to serve the needs of houses of worship, academia, and other permanent installs… The same people who have been buying GL series boards for decades.

-B

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.