GLD FX for iLive

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive feature suggestions GLD FX for iLive

This topic contains 14 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mrp123 mrp123 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Hello A&H

Could we please get the new GLD FX for our iLive systems? The pitch doubler, vocal shifter, and rotator would all be nice additions for our FX library.

-d

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

I would hope we would get those effects too.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

And I want Multiband compressors for GLD….I think that is a good swap 🙂

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Funny thing on the multi-band compressor. Its a really useful tool but one I rarely use. In post-production I’m a huge fan of a multi-band compressor. In a live setting I find it hard to get the compressor dialed in right. If I was working with the same band repeatedly I’m sure I’d use it more but with one offs I seldom use the dyn-eq or multi-band comp.

-d

Profile photo of Luciolis
    Luciolis
    Participant

+1, please add the rotator for iLive. And if you can create a basic distortion effect it would be nice too.

No multiband on GLD is perfectly normal.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Hey. If you get some GLD FX we get some iLive.
    I would give up a few for multi-band comps.

Profile photo of Tobias Kammerer
    Tobias Kammerer
    Participant

I Need the Pitch Shifter too in my iLive. Please add. I often have to carry external Pitch shifter with me.
    Regards
    Tobias

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Personally I would like to see noise gate expansion slopes plus Ducking and scene fades. Other GLD effects such as pitch and distortion would be great also however! I like the dynamic eq on iLive and use this often especially on problem vocals. Virtual sound check is very helpful for setting up the multiband comp and dynamic EQ as you can make better comparisons and loop some of the typical problem audio sections without requiring the artists to have long sound checks!

Profile photo of BRYAN
    BRYAN
    Participant

We need the vocal pitch shifter please!!!!

Profile photo of Tobias Kammerer
    Tobias Kammerer
    Participant

I would need them too, but i think iLive hasnt enough processing power for the GLD effects.

Regards
    Tobias Kammerer

Profile photo of jb12string
    jb12string
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind having the transient designer…

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

yep transient pitch and AUTO MIC!! PLEAASE

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

i think iLive hasnt enough processing power for the GLD effects.

Then how about a RAM upgrade (free or paid) for existing iLives?

-Mark

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I’m afraid the upgrade of iLive to keep up with GLD processing power is much more than a RAM. It might not be worth doing it, so I believe a new product with new architecture and horsepower is just around the corner. The unfortunate reality is ROI on digital stuff has to happen several times faster, before it gets old. Not like riding an XL4 for 20 years with no worries.

ddff, sits on quite a heap of iLives

Profile photo of mrp123
    mrp123
    Participant

My $0.02 regarding the capabilities of iLive: I asked an A&H sales rep at a trade show to explain why new software features were appearing in GLD with all the hype while iLive was clearly already stagnating (this was prior to the Qu). He tried to assure me that iLive has more power and capability in the MixRack than a GLD, and that iLive will always be a superior product by comparison because iLive is aimed at the professional market. He refused to answer why then these new features were continually absent from iLive. So, choose what you wish to believe.

I believe this all reduces to A&H’s evaluations and predictions for product line profitability, and less to do with equipment capability or obsolescence. I’m quick to believe that A&H has been netting more short-term profits by selling GLD and Qu compared to iLive, which is reflected by their product development. Even if they sell hypothesized iLive2 widgets with new features, only time will tell if this story will repeat itself.

Speaking for myself, I’d pay for an iLive update and/or upgrade to support my current investment. I recognize that the development of new features costs something regardless if they’re given to customers for free. In the past, specific iLive hardware upgrades were available at a cost to meet software updates. But I fear A&H won’t do this in the future. However, I have absolutely nothing to base my comments on except my observations of A&H’s behavior.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘iLive feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.