GLD Editor's rezolution

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions GLD Editor's rezolution

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of extraCheese extraCheese 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of extraCheese
    extraCheese
    Participant

Hello,

I am encountering a little issue concerning GLD’s editor rezolution on recently bought surface pro 4. To make it short, GLD editor appears as a ridiculously small windows on my 12.5″ screen in a way I just can’t use it.

Here is a link to the forum’s post where you have more details about my problem : https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/gld-editor-resolution

People there suggested me to post a feature suggestion : a fullsize screen / dynamic rezolution.
    1- A dynamic resolution would allow me to simply use properly the GLD’s editor on my surface pro.
    2- A fullsize screen would allow me to use the touch screen of my surface to use GLD editos as a tactil application (same as on IPad)

Thank you for your time and consideration (and sorry for my approximative english :p)

Regards,

Jonathan

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

I agree with this, first looked t editor before getting a GLD, when we got one a also got a new computer as I was planning on recording with it and wanted something faster.
    New computer had much better display with higher resolution and the screen on editor is to small to see let alone use effectively.

Profile photo of cekren
    cekren
    Participant

You can try setting Display Resolution in Windows to scale items.
    More info here.

Profile photo of Zarbatron
    Zarbatron
    Participant

I am with the author on this one.

Screens are getting ridiculous resolutions and some are getting smaller physically. All of this is making the unscalable app impossible to use.

Please, please, let the app stretch to a usable size, on both pc and mac.

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

I just got a new Asus that has a screen resolution of 3200 x 1800 and trying to run the Editor was a joke. I found a work-around which was set the screen resolution to 1366 x 768; reboot the PC and then the Editor was useful. Once done, return it to “hi res” and reboot.

Anyone hear if A&H is looking to fix this in the next Editor update?

Profile photo of extraCheese
    extraCheese
    Participant

Indeed resolutions in new devices are getting out of control. As you mention, there is still a work-around, but it’s quite inconvenient…

I haven’t heard news about any sort of fix regarding this issue…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.