Gld editor

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Gld editor

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Colin-Entner Colin-Entner 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of vs100
    vs100
    Participant

How do I download gld editor to iPad. There is no app for that
    Thanks
    Mark

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Can’t do that. The editor is for either Windows or Mac based machines. The app for ipad is on the app store. Search for GLD remote.

Profile photo of vs100
    vs100
    Participant

Will the remote now act as editor? I have remote and it doesn’t work offline. Hate to bring a laptop and iPad to the job

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

iPad remote is that. A remote mixer control. It looks at the setup of the console it is locked to. You have to have a wireless router attached to the console. I am sure you knew that already. The iPad cannot just talk directly.

The editor can also connector wirelessly to the console through a router or direct with a crossover Ethernet cabal for a regular Ethernet cable if plugged into the router and then a Ethernet from the router to the condole acting as a switch or hub.

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

Our plan is to use the GLD editor on a Mac Laptop to create our shows. The saved show is in a folder synced with Dropbox – so both of us who use the board always have all the files. Then we transfer the file from the laptop to a USB drive and use that to transfer to the GLD. That way, while we may have our laptop with us, we don’t need to connect to the GLD. Just insert the USB drive and grab the file. So far this has worked flawlessly.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

The Editor/computer can operate as a master also and transfer files to the GLD. When connecting just select CONNECT AS MASTER. I think I tried that a few weeks ago and it worked fine.

Yesterday I was helping a friend learn the editor. We were on the phone with each other. He was on an iMac and me on a Windows 7 laptop. Each looking at the editor and going over things. I emailed him a show file and after going through the steps to get it in the right folder on the USB stick it came up on the USB side of the Show Manager and he was able to load it into the editor. First time I had tried that. I wanted to make sure the files were in fact cross platform compatible. That way in the future if I have a customer having problems or needing a show designed I can do it without traveling to their location..

BobWitte
    Participant

they better be cross platform as the file can easily be saved in the right location in a USB drive and retrieved by the GLD.

We are keeping an EXACT duplicate of what is on our GLD, GLD USB Drive on our computers (synced via Dropbox). Then we can use the GLD Editor for a new show or edit a previous show or …., save it to the USB drive and transfer to the GLD. No need to connect the computer to the GLD (unless you want too). We see the editor’s main use is offsite, no GLD needed to be taken out of its case, way to create shows.

Profile photo of Colin-Entner
    Colin-Entner
    Participant

New to using the editor is there a way to bring in saved shows from the gld and edit them and bring them back- I have saved the shows to a usb but the editor says no usb attatched?

ideas

Thanks

BobWitte
    Participant

I transfer our files to a folder on the laptop. It also happens to be in our Dropbox area so my business partner also accesses them. Then point the GLD editor to that directory. I don’t have the application open now but once you do it and understand the file method it becomes easy to move files around. I can post more tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

Colin-Entner
    Participant

Thanks – that is one of the problems I can’t find anywhere to grab files from

Colin-Entner
    Participant

Found it the little file button wasn’t showing up for some reason- I closed and opened it again and it was there so was able to point the editor to the USB

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.