GLD Editor: IO is confusing

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD Editor: IO is confusing

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave Boshton
    Dave Boshton
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry, new to GLD Editor.

I want to be able to send the same input to multiple channel strips, so I can have a FOH copy of a channel and a monitor version, as they may be eq’s differently. So I went to the IO tab and set “INPUT” on the drop down, but could not select anything from the channel ranges at all, so I can only assign an input socket to channel 1.

Am I going ab out this the complete wrong way? There’s also a few other situations where I’d like to select things from drop downs, but I don’t seem to be able to do this.

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

This is not possible in the I/O window.
    But you can do it in the channel`s preamp tab. Here you can also select the input source for that channel.
    Here`s an example:
    Go to channel one, hit the input tab and choose Socket-1 as an it`s input source.
    Then go to channel two and you can select the same XLR socket again. (Basically you can select the XLR socket-1 for all existing mixer channels, if you wish.)

Back to the I/O window:
    Now you see three points behind XLR 1`s input connection. This means that there are more than the named mix channel connected to this XLR. In the middle at the bottom is a pull-up menu called “INFO”. Pull it up (or simply click it) and it will show you a list of ALL the patched destinations of (mix channels connected to) the highlighted XLR socket.

Hope that helped…
    Pit

Dave Boshton
    Participant

Thanks for the answer, but I can’t seem to do that. The only option it gives me is 1 and I can’t change it to anything else on the drop down. Any ideas?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

In the channel-select preamp screen, hold your mouse over the socket number and “drag” up and down to change the value.

On the desk you’d change the value with the knob beside the screen.

Chris

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Click on the select button of the channel. Then click processing button top right. Then click preamp on the top menu bar. Below socket click and hold on the one and drag upward. Stop on input number you want to duplicate. Click Apply. Hope that helps.

Dave Boshton
    Participant

Aaaaaahhhhh.

Thankyou so much! I have spent ages clicking, typing, scrolling with the mousewheel (or equivalent)!

Dave Boshton
    Participant

Thanks for this. Now I understand how I’m supposed to make the drop downs do something, here’s the next question:

What are the input and output boards for if not for patching? In my head, I’d do all my patching there and then look at it elsewhere in the tool. How does it all fit in with routing?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

You need to use the I/O tab to patch outputs. It can also be used to patch inputs except it’s UI doesn’t give you the option to patch the same input to multiple channels.

The I/O tab does the same thing as the channel-select “input source” selector, a change on one will be reflected in the other. Be aware that the text boxes in the I/O tab that show where the socket is routed to are only big enough to show one destination at a time, but if it’s routed to more than one destination there will be a “…” after the channel name.

Chris

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.