GLD editor, direct output assignment

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD editor, direct output assignment

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dcongdon dcongdon 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

Does anyone know why I can assign up to 40 direct outputs in the GLD editor? There aren’t enough physical outputs to do this–even in a hypothetical world where all outputs were being used on the AR2412, surface AND both expander ports had AB168s patched (comes out to 38 channels of direct out). Maybe this is just a software glitch…or a horrible tease.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

You didn’t say what is your application requirement.
    You can assign Direct Outputs of all 48 Input channels to the I/O port for recording over Dante/Waves/MADI, or to the Monitor port for personal monitoring using ME-1 or Aviom.

Why do you need to patch all Direct Outs to analogue sockets?

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply, Nicola. In doing so, I think you’ve set me straight. I was messing with the GLD editor trying to wrap my head around the various input configurations using the 2412, 168, and 84. Afterwards, I tried to find the limits of the output section and had it backwards in my mind that direct outputs would stop at 30. Obviously, this is incorrect since the 30 mix outputs have nothing to do with the direct outputs. Sorry for the misguided question. If I needed 40+ outputs, the dante card works better anyway.

cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.