GLD-Edit Faders w/ cursor keys?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD-Edit Faders w/ cursor keys?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LBET LBET 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dbarrow
    dbarrow
    Participant

Is there a way to move the faders and move between channels with the keyboard cursor keys? This is how it works on other editor software, like the Behringer X32, SAC, etc. Forgive my ignorance. I am new to GLD-80. I am running GLD-Edit on a Windows 10 notebook.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The Tab key will scroll through channels.

Chris

Profile photo of dbarrow
    dbarrow
    Participant

What about moving the faders with cursor keys to actually mix? On SAC and X32 you can scroll left to right and move the faders with the up and down cursors. Is there a way to operate the faders with key strokes?

Profile photo of dbarrow
    dbarrow
    Participant

I guess development is dead on the GLD remote software. It is too bad that they didn’t implement a simple way to navigate the remote software with the cursor keys, so you could actually mix from remote. Other similar software I use allows for scrolling back and forth through the channels with the left-right cursor keys and adjusting the fader levels with the up-down cursor keys. I can mix remotely with one hand, operating the cursor keys. Why did they not include this simple functionality?

Profile photo of LBET
    LBET
    Participant

Agreed. I use GLD remote on IPADs and, especially, GLD editor on my MacBook every week at church. Oh, I’ve also spent a little time as a software development project manager, scrum master and scrum product owner and I must say that the number of high ROI features that were left on the table is stunning. GLD remote hasn’t been updated since the 1.6 GLD firmware update and even then the tablet software didn’t get any new features as far as I can tell.

When this happens, IMHO, is speaks to a reallocation of development resources to other things. Truly sad as we love our GLD 80 but would love it more if the foul stench of putrefying DAC’s wasn’t in the air.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.